cleaning the engine bay fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning the engine bay fail.

I was cleaning my engine with the purple super cleaner and it turned white anyone know how to remove it or why it did that?

Could you post a pic of the ingredients in the solution on the back of the bottle?

Next time, just get a bottle of Simple Green, it will blow your socks off and not hurt your paint at all.

*** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Simple green leaves residue too, just not as much. To get it off when I did the same dumbass thing, not that you're a dumbass, was using wd40 to wipe it off. Wd40 works well for removing rubbing compound too.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Simple green leaves residue too, just not as much. To get it off when I did the same dumbass thing, not that you're a dumbass, was using wd40 to wipe it off. Wd40 works well for removing rubbing compound too.
        I did have simple green before but i used it for my rims and i didn't like it i gues i need to try it on my engine but now im scared to clean my bay -_-

Comment

I remember i used a cleaner it was like 25 dollars but it was from my nitro rc car and it clean good it was a non eletrical damage liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
            Could you post a pic of the ingredients in the solution on the back of the bottle?

Next time, just get a bottle of Simple Green, it will blow your socks off and not hurt your paint at all.

I can't seem to find it but if you search up that product i think you'll find it i have mine in my car but it's in my uncles house.

Comment

A fairly heavy soap to water ratio of Dawn dish washing liquid works fairly well also.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i find spraying everything with a coat of WD-40 and letting it sit, everything softens up and is much more likely to rinse clean with a quick spray of degreaser and plenty of water (i use the gun at the local car wash). this works better for maintaining it and keeping it clean, rather than the initial cleaning of the original grime. but its completely harmless and helps keep stuff from being "dry" and rusting and keeps any new grime from drying out and hardening on.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  i find spraying everything with a coat of WD-40 and letting it sit, everything softens up and is much more likely to rinse clean with a quick spray of degreaser and plenty of water (i use the gun at the local car wash). this works better for maintaining it and keeping it clean, rather than the initial cleaning of the original grime. but its completely harmless and helps keep stuff from being "dry" and rusting and keeps any new grime from drying out and hardening on.
                  Dude im scared now ever since that day i been having issues first with my starter and that it is my foult but then my alternator that i coverd it when i washed it but idk if its that or my battery cables it has a short somewere.

Comment

Just do it. Put a grocery bag on the alternator and coil if it's external and wash it off.

Comment

Just do it. Put a grocery bag on the alternator and coil if it's external and wash it off.
                      Alright thanks now i have to wait until i drive it i haven't drove it in 3 days becouse my alternator went out (not cuz of the cleaning) it just used up my all my battery juice coming back from class. That's what i love about my car lol

Comment

I've always been a fan of the gunk foam engine degreaser, or even just the parts stores brand.
                        For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Simple Green + pressure washer. All you need.

Just cover up your alternator, coil and air filter (if it's an open element).

Spray away. You'll be fine. Heat of the engine will dry most of the water, or you can blow dry with compressed air or a shop vac with blow function.

I'm finnicky about clean engine bays. Must be able to eat off mine.

I work as a detailer, I pressure wash engine bays all day long with no issues. I just spray degreaser on it and spray away and then put some dressing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            Simple Green + pressure washer. All you need.

Just cover up your alternator, coil and air filter (if it's an open element).

Spray away. You'll be fine. Heat of the engine will dry most of the water, or you can blow dry with compressed air or a shop vac with blow function.

I'm finnicky about clean engine bays. Must be able to eat off mine.

I work as a detailer, I pressure wash engine bays all day long with no issues. I just spray degreaser on it and spray away and then put some dressing on it.
                            Thanks man. How about steaming it what do you think on that?

Comment

Trick is to be gentle (wash away quick without sitting too long) and clean with a 2 to 3 instalments with drying in between to clearly see and reassess.

Trying to clean thoroughly in one sitting is risky of water logging and overdoing it.

Off topic kinda:

There was an advert for a mini Karcher at a car parts shop and later found out it was not a real powered Karcher but was actually a toy for kids who want to copy their dad (just like the mini mowers you find for kids that just makes noise or spins a fake blade indicator, grass through a visual glass etc)

Was disappointed at first till I found out it actually works with real tap water! I was embarassed fo buy but could see potential.

It assembles very easily as it is for kids (wand snaps together with mini fittings for water tube to gun and normal hose fittings to the main body, compact and no leaks!

Actually magnifies tap water, strong enough to clean but gentle enough to not be high risk in getting into electrical componentry by sheer force or stripping away paint on cam covers etc.

It has long wand, interchangeable nozzle, trigger control like the real thing and a long mini tube from body to gun allowing light flexible operation and more importantly surprisingly accurate water bursts due to smaller wand, right size actually!

So happy on a first trial performance I embarassingly went and bought another of the toy

Who knew a toy could actually work for a real purpose.

Don't raid toy stores now. Not together and with the same excuses anyway lol
                              Last edited by JDMDriver; 05-01-2015, 04:30 AM.
                              Rides:

Accord
                              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Working...
                              X