Swirls+Scratches+Dents- RePaint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swirls+Scratches+Dents- RePaint?

All in all the car I got looks GREAT! I've had it for about six months and I've waxed it 6 or 7 times LOL. But, there are all these swirls and little dings and imperfections in the paint.
    So, seeming that I have waxed the SHIT out of it, but NOT with an orbital buffer, is there any hope. See, all in all the paint is good it is just these minor imperfections in small places. The big dings I have filled in with touch-up but nothing seems to get out these swirls and subtle imperfections in the paint.
    So, what am I doing wrong? Will an Orbital buffer give me that much better results? Or would a repaint of new white and clear coat over my white that I have right now be better?
    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

you need abrasives found in polish to fix the swirls and imperfections in your paint.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36364
    later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hey TypeG-

Thanks for the response... I didn't want to say anything... but I figured you would be the one replying!
      I'm not really sure if what you would call these...I think they are more like...cracks that are actually gray-ish black, more like spiderweb-swirls... so I assume that I am seeing the primer underneathe the paint right?
      Do you think that you get signifigantly greater results with an orbital than good-ol elbow grease?
      Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
        Thanks for the response... I didn't want to say anything... but I figured you would be the one replying!
        I'm not really sure if what you would call these...I think they are more like...cracks that are actually gray-ish black, more like spiderweb-swirls... so I assume that I am seeing the primer underneathe the paint right?
        it's hard to say what that is. is there any rust seaping from those cracks? can you feel them? if you can, drag your fingernail across the crack and see if it gets hung on any of the cracks.

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
        Do you think that you get signifigantly greater results with an orbital than good-ol elbow grease?
        you can usually get better results with an orbital buffer because it takes some of that elbo grease out. the orbital buffer mimics your hand movements (wax on/wax off) by moving in random orbits.......just picture your hand moving at 3500rpm's. you can do it by hand, it will just take a little longer. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Could be the clearcoat coming off of the basecoast. Yes a dual-action polisher/orbital as noted in TypeG's other thread will greatly improve your results.
          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
          X