94-95 Ex Rims Touching Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94-95 Ex Rims Touching Up

What kind of paint should I use so that I can retail the gloss and aluminum like look of the stock rims? I don't want to use something like duplicolor for the wheels, because it just makes it silverish/grey and lose its mirror like look if you know what I mean? ty
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

why dont you just polish it up with mothers mag and aluminum polish

Comment

because there are kinda big scratches and things that won't come out, so I must paint it...not even sanding takes it out so thats why...also, what color do u think these rims would be called? stainless steel, aluminum, chrome-ish? just throwing out some names
      Last edited by kmart64; 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM.
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
        What kind of paint should I use so that I can retail the gloss and aluminum like look of the stock rims?
        because there are kinda big scratches and things that won't come out, not even sanding takes it out
        the wheels are machined with a clear coat, so if you have deep scratches, it won't look any different if you paint it.
        what color do u think these rims would be called? stainless steel, aluminum, chrome-ish? just throwing out some names
        they're aluminum alloy. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

What kind of paint should I use so that I can retail the gloss and aluminum like look of the stock rims? I don't want to use something like duplicolor for the wheels, because it just makes it silverish/grey and lose its mirror like look if you know what I mean? ty
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44160

im ordering some of that alumaloy stuff today see how it works..pe@ce

Comment

I might try sanding mine, I have scratches too. Any tips for sanding them? I used some Mothers Mag & Aluminum and that stuff kicks ass. Even did my 'chrome' trim with it.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

SAND BLAST, POWDER COAT...thats the way to go

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Really depends on the damage.....you can sand them out starting with a low grit paper and working your way up to a high grit.....takes time though...even if you have curbs or deep scratches you can do it.....up to you

You'll never get a paint that matches a factory machined finish....if you just want to spray them silver go with Duplicolor silver wheel paint that is made to resist brake dust etc.

Good luck
                ________
                LovelyWendie
                Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 10:54 AM.
                無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Working...
                X