Prevent antenna going up with cassette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent antenna going up with cassette?

Hey, I have a 91 DX and I listen to XM radio through a cassette adapter for now. I noticed that if the radio has power, the antenna goes up. How can I prevent this from happening? I have a basic pioneer cassette HU in right now.

is it an OEM deck? cause i dont know then, but when i installed my aftermarket head unit i just never connected the blue wire for the antennea power.

Comment

snip the blue wire just like clark stated. it controls the power for the antenna.
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

OR you could get the JDM half switch.....and it would look m4D T1ghT JDM..
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

What's a Cassette???? VBFG

Chris

Comment

I had no idea the DX came with a power attena I thought it was only available on the LX & up
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
              OR you could get the JDM half switch.....and it would look m4D T1ghT JDM..
              or just m4d t1ght busted

Comment

on your radio you should have a solid blue wire, and a blue with a white stripe, hook up the solid blue one to your antenna wire on the harness which is white/yellow on the factory harness, if you hooked up the blue/white wire to the antenna that will have power all the time as long as the radio is on, that wire is for an amp to turn the amp on when your radio is on, and what the solid blue does it only has power when the radio is on and when you go 2 cd or cassette, it will lose power meaning the antenna will go down, then when you go to radio the wire has power and the antenna will go up, hope this solves your problem bro

Comment

i just put a switch in the glove box just in case iwant to listen to the radio
                  most pioneer radio only have i wire

Comment

just go thru an auto car wash with it raised

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Here's a much easier way, no clipping of wires required, takes like two seconds. Pull back the back trunk wall liner thing so you can see the antenna motor and whatnot. then just unplug it when its down.

Comment

Working...
                      X