96 Accord Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 Accord Antenna

I wasn't gonna put this up yet, because I wanted to get it installed before I talked about it, but I have been told that the 96 Accord has an internal antenna. I haven't had a chance to go look in a junkyard, but if it is true and is internal, I believe that will solve most of our crappy reception and broken power antenna issues. If it works, I think I'll be looking into it, and maybe even going a DIY on it.

i started a diy on shaving the antannae yesterday...not big on body work at all but i had a cheesy replacment one and it looked like shit......if ur idea is correct that would be really really cool.......we should combine diy's.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

96 accord have antenna's on the rear windshield above the defroster lines. it's not internal, most cars use the lines on the rear windows now.

Comment

Oh...so its like my dad's old Buick that had the antenna in the windshield...well I guess that idea is out the window...I thought it was a box behind the radio in the dash...oh well...it would have been cool...I'll figure something out as my antenna blows...I recently started listening to the radio again, but now i have to have my antenna straight up and its all tall and crooked and looks like poo

Comment

get a new antenna mast off ebay?

Comment

yes. i have a 96 accord and the antenna is internal. no crap on the outisde of the car.. i certainly like it alot more than when i had the cb7.. antennas suck

Comment

it's internal or on the rear windshield? i've always been told it was on the rear windshield...

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                Oh...so its like my dad's old Buick that had the antenna in the windshield...well I guess that idea is out the window...I thought it was a box behind the radio in the dash...oh well...it would have been cool...I'll figure something out as my antenna blows...I recently started listening to the radio again, but now i have to have my antenna straight up and its all tall and crooked and looks like poo
                Its not so much that my antenna sucks outside...its that I don't like the look of the antenna at all...plus mine has been cut and a new one put on, and from what I've heard, once you cut the antenna cable, and you go to reinstall, it will never sound the same because of the way the antenna wire is wound. I was just thinking that when my car goes into the body shop, i could have them shave the antenna to, without losing the antenna...and not having to go with an aftermarket job...since i know i could get a deal on a 96 accord antenna at the local junkyard. I might still go at some point and check it out to see, and I'll let everyone know my findings.

Comment

It is in the rear window, its at the top in the middle.. u cannot see it easily its tiny.

Comment

thanks for clarifying

Comment

yeah, they are on the back window. And they work excellent. I wish they made things like that for aftermarket. Right now my car doesnt have an antenna since i shaved it but never found a replacement.

Comment

my antenna got jacked..stupid kids they pulled it straight out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                          my antenna got jacked..stupid kids they pulled it straight out.
                          '
                          haha that sucks man.. you came out to your car and just saw a hole? thats kinda funny lol.. sucks tho man.

Comment

My antenna will be shaved real soon and im making my own replace ment. Ill write up a doy probably

Comment

Working...
                            X