Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accord R33
    replied
    stay out of boost? hahahahha yah right.

its kinda hard not to boost when you start spooling @ 2500 RPMs

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    lemme rephrase that...how is NON-boosted gas mileage lol? Or are you extremely confident and can't stay out of boost?

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    ill send you some money for the ECU you sent me.

gas millage is ok, i think when i lean it out to match my 14b it will be a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    programmer still won't work. I have to wait till tomorrow (if i even have enough money) to probably order a new one. Anyone wanna help a brotha out paypal me a couple bucks...playatastik@aol.com. Besides that the car is running really good on this map, no complaints here...what about u r33? How's gas mileage?

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    so any new updates, hows everything coming along???

Leave a comment:

• hatchninja
    replied
    whoops, that was me using my friends name peace

Leave a comment:

• exratedaccord93
    replied
    cool man, I'll be keeping an eye out for that basemap. I haven't actually picked the head up yet, so i'm not really sweatin it.

p.s. thanks for the replies, didn't mean to jack the thread.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by theone
    got a question for u....

when i send out my ecu for u to chip will the map that u r using at the time work the same with mines being as tho i still running my regrind cam? would u have to alter it a little to add extra fuel for that, or will in be fine?

thanks...
    R33 answered it pretty well...i'll just add this...only the wideband can answer that question.

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    im running a 14b.

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    hey midnite im free tonight so im gonna try and play with the map and see if i can get it a little richer at high vaccume. i should have an answer by tonight.

theone - you might have to add fuel in the non-boost portions of the map. the boost columns are pretty rich due to MRXs t3/t4, I dont know what turbo your using though. if its a t3/t4 or bigger you may have to add a little bit.

its gonna have to be tunned to your car specificly anyway so you will be able to figure out what needs to be done during the tunning process

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    got a question for u....

when i send out my ecu for u to chip will the map that u r using at the time work the same with mines being as tho i still running my regrind cam? would u have to alter it a little to add extra fuel for that, or will in be fine?

thanks...

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by hatchninja
    nice writeup....i just downlowaded uberdata. I''ve been looking into this for a while. The only thing is i drive a gsr powered hatch. The reason i'm on here all the time (reading, not posting) is that my roomate has a 93 ex and we just bought a head to p&p and do a regrind on. We're planning on tuning it with uberdata, but are there any good f22 basemaps? I figure that with I/H/E/cam/p&p we will need to add some fuel.

what about the throttle secondaries?

p.s. does anyone want to sell me some of the hardware i'll need?
    good to hear, the only well running f22 basemap currently in public existence is my own...that i know of. I'll be making a stock f22 basemap sooner or later but i have to take off my wideband and meet up with carlos for all that. It shouldn't take long tho seeing as the only big differences between my turbo map and an n/a map is added fuel and retarded ignition in the boost columns. I'll be done shortly once i can get my programmer to start working again.

The secondaries can be covered with any rpm activated switch...a cheap shift light could operate them ya know.

Update: I've been given instructions on how to correct the lean mixture under heavy vacuum but now the programmer has stopped working again. Eric is the only person that can complete my map currently so hopefully he'll give it a try and come back with good results...or atleast different results than the lean mixture.

but since i'm getting closer to completion here is some info on chipped ecus and uberdata

Uberdata Forum - http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum/

Uberdata program Version 1.66 - http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/dow...ble%20Version/

Homemadeturbo.com Engine Management Section - http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?board=6

How to chip obd1 ecu's - http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html

Ecu related site - http://www.PGMFI.org
    (crap load of reading but it does a body good)

quick and dirty parts package to completely chip the ecu - http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...products_id=42
    Last edited by MRX; 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    i have a p06 that is already chipped..i have to do a few tests to make sure its in perfect working condition before i would sell it. but ill let you know

Leave a comment:

• hatchninja
    replied
    nice writeup....i just downlowaded uberdata. I''ve been looking into this for a while. The only thing is i drive a gsr powered hatch. The reason i'm on here all the time (reading, not posting) is that my roomate has a 93 ex and we just bought a head to p&p and do a regrind on. We're planning on tuning it with uberdata, but are there any good f22 basemaps? I figure that with I/H/E/cam/p&p we will need to add some fuel.

what about the throttle secondaries?

p.s. does anyone want to sell me some of the hardware i'll need?

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    oh i plan on it now. gonna do the catch can soon too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X