Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRX
    replied
    Update: Got the p06 in the mail yesterday, was gonna take pix of the chipping process but couldn't because i didn't have the camera with me. Pushed the a/c lines out the way, popped the w/g on, plugged in the ecu on my new improved map and...it worked. Pulled the car out for a test run and...WTF! positive manifold pressure (boost) came in at 2000rpm WOT!!! I shit u not my friends. I am not crazy but it did. Gonna take it to the muffler shop tomorrow and get the 02 bung put in so i can wideband this baby.

So far the map was almost an absolute perfect basemap for only my third real stab with the 450's in this motor. Needs a little tweaking here and there but so far i didn't even get a hiccup outta this motor. Will post pix of basemap soon.

Proof that uber is both reliable, very tuneable and still very very powerful.
    vid time:
    Right click save as please

This is an EK civic with an turbo h22 motor. Specs are JDM h22a, 9.1:1 comp pistons, sleeved, rods, 62-1 T3/T4 Ball Bearing Stage 5 wheel @12psi chipped p28 on uberdata.

http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglabc/dave/LeiasH22.WMV

if that link doesn't work click here and go all the way to the bottom of the 1st page, 2nd post to the last.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...=26234;start=0

http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglab...iasH22-56k.wmv

I'm currently trying to get that basemap they used for u guys

Last edited by MRX; 08-31-2004, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    Originally posted by midnite racer x
    Also...just so cpmike doesn't weasel out of it...

PlayaTastik: if u do decide to chip ecu's ur obligated to post pix of the backside of the ecu...i wanna see the master's work :-D
    c p m 1 x e: lol ok
    c p m 1 x e: itll be perfect and clean ;-)
    PlayaTastik: I'm holding u to that

He claimed to be a very skilled solder...i wanna see it.
    oh geez

Leave a comment:

• Dutchaccord
    replied
    whoops sorry bout that dutch i didn't even see that question. The p28 would be ideal for u and ur h22. I have a basemap or 2 for it also. Hell i also have a stock p28. PM me if interested

Lets see if i can get a p28 ECU over here....

what would shipping be on ur ECU ? ( all the way to holland ???)
    a friend of mine goes to the SEMA motorshow... so mabye? (friend is turbo_P of this forum)

Basemaps are also welcome... tough im still a n00by in rom editing

thanks phatdoughnut for awnsering my Q

(need to paint the manni and take some pic's to share , also to buisy on the porsche brake swap )

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    if zigen is correct then it all comes down to which ecu u can find for the cheapest. If u can't afford alot and u have an h22 you can get a non-vtec ecu like the p06 and convert it to vtec by just soldering in a couple more components.

Ok i just ordered the chipping parts last night and they're already here...wtf...i'm gonna get charged hella shipping on this damn thing and i didn't ask for next day delivery cause i don't even have the ecu yet! lol...shit

edit: wow...a sticky. I guess i'm obligated to succeed now huh lol? Ok in light of the sticky i feel i should be doing more so i'll do a diy on ecu chipping when the p06 gets here and give u guys all the info that u need as far as components and such.

Also I'll give a special price of $90 + shipping for the 5-speed stock p28 to cb7 members for 2 days only. After that i'm puttin it on ebay for a whole lot more ladies and gents.

non-vtec to vtec conversions:
    http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...onVtec-To-Vtec

Also...just so cpmike doesn't weasel out of it...

PlayaTastik: if u do decide to chip ecu's ur obligated to post pix of the backside of the ecu...i wanna see the master's work :-D
    c p m 1 x e: lol ok
    c p m 1 x e: itll be perfect and clean ;-)
    PlayaTastik: I'm holding u to that

He claimed to be a very skilled solder...i wanna see it.
    Last edited by MRX; 08-27-2004, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZigenBallZ
    replied
    All cb7's are obd1, turboedit will not work for 0bd1 cars. Anybody who says otherwise is completely wrong .

Yeaup... OBDI 90+ in Accords & 92+ in Civics

bustedlx says even if u disable vtec on a vtec ecu it will still give CEL's.
    Hmmmmm..... I've used a P28 in the past to run my A1 Non VTEC and as long as the VTEC solenoid is disabled and the engagement/disengagement point is set higher than you will rev it will not throw a CEL...

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    beautiful man, good to see youre making progress on it.

i didnt get time to finish dropping my h22 into the new cb7 before i had to leave for school... so when i get home on my first break im gonna get it done and bring the car with me to school, so im gonna need a P28* ive been wanting to do this for a long time, since it was first starting to be mentioned (carlos convinced me). so ill keep myself updated, and in a while ill be able to contribute my own experiences.

*toineman im gonna have to talk to you about ur p28...

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    grrr i have a few h22a turbo maps on my other computer.. gotta see if i can hook it up tonite.. dunno if the dsl will respond to my computer thou..

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    whoops sorry bout that dutch i didn't even see that question. The p28 would be ideal for u and ur h22. I have a basemap or 2 for it also. Hell i also have a stock p28. PM me if interested

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchaccord
    Glad to see someone s DIY ing to :P

:up: ill be watching this thread...

make sure u post links of all the stuff needed...

I still need to learn a lot regarding the ECU's...

I also need to find a ECU to chip (h22a + turbo) so wich one should i get There's still a lot of Q's...

thread : boink:

Stefan
    p28 my friend. 92-95 civic EX ecu... gl with the turbo!

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied

that is all..

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by kccb7
    Im trying to get a tuned ecu for my 90 f22 turbo. I was wondering if turboedit by jason parker could work. for some reason i think thast my car is obd0. I have been told both ways. My local hondata tuner couldnt figure it out............Plz Help!!!!!!!

thanks
    All cb7's are obd1, turboedit will not work for 0bd1 cars. Anybody who says otherwise is completely wrong . Your best choice as far as free software programs are Crome and Uberdata. You'll need either a p05, p06, p74, p75, or any other obd1 ecu. The non-vtec ecu's are cheaper and bustedlx says even if u disable vtec on a vtec ecu it will still give CEL's. So consentrate mostly on non-vtec ecu's. As far as ur tuned ecu goes...gimme some time i'm workin' here lol! PM me your complete setup and i'll try to make something off of my map to suit ur car

update:
    I cut jumper J1, for those that don't know what that means...its the way u return the ecu back to bone stock. Well the solid CEL i was getting went off so its not a bad ecu. Could be one pin not soldered good enough but i've run into this problem b4. I was getting a solid CEL a couple months back so i made sure i didn't cold solder anything by reheating all the solder points and it was fixed. Well now its back so i'll try the same method and hope for the best. In the mean time i ordered a p06 and more chipping parts. I also wrote some of my map to the new version of uberdata and lemme tell u the cold idle is great and it idles really well.

Leave a comment:

• kccb7
    replied
    Im trying to get a tuned ecu for my 90 f22 turbo. I was wondering if turboedit by jason parker could work. for some reason i think thast my car is obd0. I have been told both ways. My local hondata tuner couldnt figure it out............Plz Help!!!!!!!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    glory ... lol how did u not get that??

hes starting a diary.. so he was ending it like any normal diary ends .. lol.. he was messing around..

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied

p.s. this new guy that just moved here is soooooo cute
    Sorry to go way OT, but are you a girl? If not, hey, it's 2004...just wondering. Good to see the progress...I'm hoping one day I'll be able to buy a good, working turbo ECU...I just don't have the time to tune from scratch. Anyways keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
    the infamous Code 0... it means a bad ECU, bad eprom or a bad connection somewhere...

Good schtuff though mrx... i don't have alot of time right now... so I'll have to read it in detail later...

glad it's working out for you though...

and I concur on the uber chat idea...
    We'll see. If i remember correctly plugging in the stock ecu did the same thing i may be mistaken tho

Leave a comment:

Working...
X