Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is all..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord
      Glad to see someone s DIY ing to :P

:up: ill be watching this thread...

make sure u post links of all the stuff needed...

I still need to learn a lot regarding the ECU's...

I also need to find a ECU to chip (h22a + turbo) so wich one should i get There's still a lot of Q's...

thread : boink:

Stefan
      p28 my friend. 92-95 civic EX ecu... gl with the turbo!
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

whoops sorry bout that dutch i didn't even see that question. The p28 would be ideal for u and ur h22. I have a basemap or 2 for it also. Hell i also have a stock p28. PM me if interested
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

grrr i have a few h22a turbo maps on my other computer.. gotta see if i can hook it up tonite.. dunno if the dsl will respond to my computer thou..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

beautiful man, good to see youre making progress on it.

i didnt get time to finish dropping my h22 into the new cb7 before i had to leave for school... so when i get home on my first break im gonna get it done and bring the car with me to school, so im gonna need a P28* ive been wanting to do this for a long time, since it was first starting to be mentioned (carlos convinced me). so ill keep myself updated, and in a while ill be able to contribute my own experiences.

*toineman im gonna have to talk to you about ur p28...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              All cb7's are obd1, turboedit will not work for 0bd1 cars. Anybody who says otherwise is completely wrong .

Yeaup... OBDI 90+ in Accords & 92+ in Civics

bustedlx says even if u disable vtec on a vtec ecu it will still give CEL's.
              Hmmmmm..... I've used a P28 in the past to run my A1 Non VTEC and as long as the VTEC solenoid is disabled and the engagement/disengagement point is set higher than you will rev it will not throw a CEL...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

if zigen is correct then it all comes down to which ecu u can find for the cheapest. If u can't afford alot and u have an h22 you can get a non-vtec ecu like the p06 and convert it to vtec by just soldering in a couple more components.

Ok i just ordered the chipping parts last night and they're already here...wtf...i'm gonna get charged hella shipping on this damn thing and i didn't ask for next day delivery cause i don't even have the ecu yet! lol...shit

edit: wow...a sticky. I guess i'm obligated to succeed now huh lol? Ok in light of the sticky i feel i should be doing more so i'll do a diy on ecu chipping when the p06 gets here and give u guys all the info that u need as far as components and such.

Also I'll give a special price of $90 + shipping for the 5-speed stock p28 to cb7 members for 2 days only. After that i'm puttin it on ebay for a whole lot more ladies and gents.

non-vtec to vtec conversions:
                http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...onVtec-To-Vtec

Also...just so cpmike doesn't weasel out of it...

PlayaTastik: if u do decide to chip ecu's ur obligated to post pix of the backside of the ecu...i wanna see the master's work :-D
                c p m 1 x e: lol ok
                c p m 1 x e: itll be perfect and clean ;-)
                PlayaTastik: I'm holding u to that

He claimed to be a very skilled solder...i wanna see it.
                Last edited by MRX; 08-27-2004, 06:55 PM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

whoops sorry bout that dutch i didn't even see that question. The p28 would be ideal for u and ur h22. I have a basemap or 2 for it also. Hell i also have a stock p28. PM me if interested

Lets see if i can get a p28 ECU over here....

what would shipping be on ur ECU ? ( all the way to holland ???)
                  a friend of mine goes to the SEMA motorshow... so mabye? (friend is turbo_P of this forum)

Basemaps are also welcome... tough im still a n00by in rom editing

thanks phatdoughnut for awnsering my Q

(need to paint the manni and take some pic's to share , also to buisy on the porsche brake swap )

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                  For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Also...just so cpmike doesn't weasel out of it...

PlayaTastik: if u do decide to chip ecu's ur obligated to post pix of the backside of the ecu...i wanna see the master's work :-D
                    c p m 1 x e: lol ok
                    c p m 1 x e: itll be perfect and clean ;-)
                    PlayaTastik: I'm holding u to that

He claimed to be a very skilled solder...i wanna see it.
                    oh geez

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Update: Got the p06 in the mail yesterday, was gonna take pix of the chipping process but couldn't because i didn't have the camera with me. Pushed the a/c lines out the way, popped the w/g on, plugged in the ecu on my new improved map and...it worked. Pulled the car out for a test run and...WTF! positive manifold pressure (boost) came in at 2000rpm WOT!!! I shit u not my friends. I am not crazy but it did. Gonna take it to the muffler shop tomorrow and get the 02 bung put in so i can wideband this baby.

So far the map was almost an absolute perfect basemap for only my third real stab with the 450's in this motor. Needs a little tweaking here and there but so far i didn't even get a hiccup outta this motor. Will post pix of basemap soon.

Proof that uber is both reliable, very tuneable and still very very powerful.
                      vid time:
                      Right click save as please

This is an EK civic with an turbo h22 motor. Specs are JDM h22a, 9.1:1 comp pistons, sleeved, rods, 62-1 T3/T4 Ball Bearing Stage 5 wheel @12psi chipped p28 on uberdata.

http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglabc/dave/LeiasH22.WMV

if that link doesn't work click here and go all the way to the bottom of the 1st page, 2nd post to the last.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...=26234;start=0

http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglab...iasH22-56k.wmv

I'm currently trying to get that basemap they used for u guys

Last edited by MRX; 08-31-2004, 07:17 PM.

Comment

ahahah u slut.. using leia's h22a ek.. lol yeah u heard me LEIA AS IN A GIRL.. owns that shit.. mmmm she built it herself with her man jeff aka ABAZ from homemadeturbo..

anyh00t thats a sick hatch.. but now i want vid action of the cb7 damnit

glad to see the maps working.. im sure u need tuning into the boost matrix since u barely touched it.. or did you use the map that i added the boost matrix on the p06???

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

So it wasn't necessarily the P06 in itself that fixed the problem Midnite, it was more so that 3rd map you chipped, correct? Yea, I fortunately made the choice of a P06 ECU off the bat, so I have that going for me. Man, you guys are getting me really interested into look into this now. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me to buy this ECU chipping equipment now. I currently have a bone stock F22a4 in my 90 EX 5-spd Accord. I've been purchasing my project parts here and there, but it'll be a while before I have everything and can put my engine together. I figure while I have a stock F22a4, stock P06 ECU, laptop, 2-plug power inverter, I may as well buy a wideband w/software, download free software like CROME/Uberdata, many chips & chip burner and go to town. I can work on getting a good base map for the P06 ECU for use on F22aX engine. Then, when I get to the point of building my engine, I'll be ahead of the game. I'm dying to work on SOME part of my project now anyways, why not while I have the time since it takes me a while to gather money for parts so far.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Update:

...WoOoOoOoO!!!
                            managed to tune this thing to hold 5psi really well...its still slow cause of the conservative timing i have on the map. Its still rich across the board but with the characteristics of this turbo i have to change alot but i'm making it there. I'm pretty sure it was the p05 by itself. The reason why i HAD to switch was the 02 heater thing. I'm fairly certain the p06 won't give me the same trouble when i hook up the wideband. I tried to do it today but the muffler shop didn't have any o2 bungs. So i have to wait till 2morrow. I'm able to tune a little bit tho. I've noticed that even at partial throttle i'm always between 10 in/hg and 0 psi. I don't even have to be close to WOT to transistion into boost. So that is where the heavy tuning will take place. This car runs better in boost than it does vaccum lol. Added a bit of timing going into boost but no more then about 28 degrees and took off a little bit of fuel. Spark plugs still coming out black so i know i'm not running lean yet. More updates when i get the 02 bung in so i can start doing pin point tuning.
                            Last edited by MRX; 09-01-2004, 09:48 PM.

Comment

yes fuck yes.. why does this hurricane have to come. i got dibbs on riding in it dont i??

eh.. bring it down once the drama is over with this hurricane to get some tuning/dataloggin in..

glad its driveable thou.. now go piss some riceboys off.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Update:
                                Sorry about the delay but i had to replace the fuel pump with a wally and get the weak link in the ic piping taken care of. Anyways my previous maps seemed to have some sort of bug either in the code or just in uberdata itself idunno. The maps i'd written seemed to have only half converted themselves from the original LS format to p06 format. What this means is each ecu is different in that each one reads/stores memory in different pins on the eprom. So if u write an LS map to an eprom and place it in a p06 without converting it to something the p06 can "understand" it will go bonkers or won't start at all. I managed to find myself right in between this somehow. In uber everything looked fine but when the chip was placed in the ecu it runs half uber & half limp mode somehow. CEL comes on and it runs rich even at idle. I'm talking 10.8:1 a/f's rich lol. Cruising a/f's sometimes hit as low as 9.7 a/f's...yea my full tank of gas was almost gone after 3 days of daily driving...drove a max of 50 miles lol. So i was under the impression i was operating solely on uber but in reality i was in some sort of limbo. I realized that after changing fuel and ignition values dramatically and seeing little or no change with the cars performance. Started over on a new map, imported the p06 map and imported my ignition lo and fuel lo maps on that map. And it worked. But after all the fooling the previous bug had given me the car only starts then dies if i don't give it heavy throttle. For the most part tho i'm on the right track and whatever was happening at 4000rpm is now gone and it revs fine it just doesn't hold any kind of an idle at all. So i'm making progress but remember how i said something always goes wrong? Guess what went wrong lol...the eprom programmer doesn't want to erase/read/write anymore ...2 steps forward then one step back ya know...like i said b4 i'm getting used to it lol. And just when i get the car running...a hurricane hits lol
                                <<< used to it

Comment

Working...
                                X