Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Tried my best to download as many updates for the eprom programmer as possible but to no avail...it still wouldn't write. So i get home earlier today and decide to go head and give it another shot...it worked! i was able to write about 7 chips and switch a couple of things around b4 it gave me the "Error: Write to sector 0." I didn't do anything out of the ordinary today that i didn't do yesterday. And i think i figured out why my basemap wouldn't hold a rev...i think its the fuel multipliers. All are set to 100 and the suggested value is at 53. I changed them around mimicking a turbo gsr map and a turbo dx map i have...but can't try it out till the programmer writes again. I'll give it a rest till 2morrow i guess...if i elbow dropped the bastard u guys would think i was wrong huh lol
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Update: WoOoOoOo!!! i finally got the programmer working! How? Dunno really. I kinda did everything the instructions said not to do like unplugging the power while it was writing chips and using diff. settings for the chips. I finally boiled it down to turn off the dip switches when u restart the comp pretty much. Anyways, it was working off and on today so i tried almost all the maps i had. The one that worked well...stock dx with a shit load of fuel...go figure. I added boost to the fuel and ignition section. And the car drives absolutely fine...not even really so much as a hiccup. I can get well above 4K rpm with no CEL's. Crusing a/f's are normally 14.5 or so and range from high 13's to about 15.1's. Now when i let off the throttle it goes super lean to like 21's cause the amount of vacuum it pulls off the throttle. I've seen as high as 25 in/hg's of vacuum and the map i have only reads to 24ish. I'll need to make the map a bit bigger. The transition into boost is still unnoticeable which is good for me. But at about 4.5K or so in first gear i get a wicked lean spike (no backfire that i can hear). Then after the spark plugs clean up a bit (i guess that was the difference) i started spiking in every gear at about 4.2K or so. I'll richen the map or what have u and clean everything up. The only prob is still with the ignition timing. Its using the stock dx timing basically and although it runs fine...i know theres more power to be had with just 5 psi. So for the most part ALOT of progress has been made. Rejoice all
      Last edited by MRX; 09-13-2004, 10:03 AM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

W00T W00T

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Update: Much testing of the map throughout the weekend. Daily driving is great and has good gas mileage with a wavey a/f ratio ranging from low 14's to low 15's mostly and crosses in and out of 14.7 still(which is good for those that don't know). Idle needs some tweaking but holds strong at almost a perfect 14.7 but is usually at like 1000rpm and sometimes drops to the desired 750ish rpm. Daily driving power is definately there so there still aren't any probs with keeping up with traffic. Managed to get almost a flat 12.0-11.7ish a/f ratio @5psi. from about 3000rpm to redline last night on a WOT 4th gear pull. Question tho, my speedo doesn't work...if i'm in 4th gear at redline how fast was i going lol? Now for the bad news cause theres been way too much good lately. Since i'd gotten 5psi down tuned i put the mbc on and was gonna turn it up a pound at a time all the way to 11psi. Well my g/f had been using it for the past couple of months and now something is wrong with it. The turbo started spooling 2000rpm later than it used to and i could only get to like 2psi by the end of the testing...i did manage to hit 11psi at one point but i thought it was gonna keep spooling so i left off. Kinda seems like the wastegate is partially open cause even with the mbc off its doing the same thing. I'll figure it out when i get home today tho. Maybe the gasket between the mani and the wastegate failed. Oh and more bad news

<<<got beat by a turbo 97ish Civic SI

...it wasn't fair tho i could only hit 2 psi . I would have hung or won if i'd never put the mbc on. The lean spikes previously mentioned were solved by changing to my step colder plugs with a .030 gap and added a bit more fuel...i think it was JUST the spark plugs. No signs of detonation on them tho. No pinging whatsoever.

Comment

*bows*

So you're working off a reworked stock DX map? Is that an Accord DX? Anyways this is awesome, I'm pumped and excited. If not for all my Accord woes ($800 spent so far on brakes, mmmmm) I'd def. be on my way to boosted righteousness.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Actually it was a stock civic dx map originally. I kept alot of the original ignition values as far as cruising sections go (only minor changes) but the fuel changed drastically all over. I put in about 30 mins of tuning the map yesterday. I think my bov is opening when i start to enter boost cause theres a steady airry sound when i'm WOT and the turbo never made that sound by itself. Probably the reason for the late spool and lack of psi. I'll check it out a bit later. I've got a 1/4mile track date setup for the 22nd of this month. Looking for low 15's - high 14's on 4-5 psi. I'll need to find someone soon using a dsm turbo that can pop in one of my tunes into their chipped ecu. Any volunteers?

Comment

oh oh !! pick me!!! pick me!!!

all i need is the dsm turbo setup

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Update:
                  Boost problem solved...it was the silicon hose connector at the throttle body...pushed the hose clamp clean off. Went to do a test run to see if i'd fixed the problem and...whoops lol.
                  <<<hit 15psi
                  only for a split second tho so no worries. It felt like it lost spark when it did it. Managed to get it to a steady 7psi after some time with the mbc. A/F's at 7psi were in the low 12's. I'm a little lean around the 2800-3050rpm area so i'll adjust and give u guys the details. Map will hopefully be released in a couple of days.

p.s. 7psi rips up pretty good...first turbo kill was against an early nissan sentra that my friend Chris owns...that little bastard was fast (really he was). Blew him out the frame easily. I want another chance at that turbo SI
                  Last edited by MRX; 09-16-2004, 11:07 AM.

Comment

nice to see uve got some progress :up:

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Update: Even at 140 fuel efficiency on the boost table i'm still a bit lean going into boost :: I'm trying to get a dump tube put on the w/g but with limited room and weird angles its a bit hard. I don't want to hit full boost anymore until its on. It funny to see how different gears can effect a/f ratio's even at the same rpm and psi. Where 2nd gear at 7psi is a bit hilly in two areas 3rd gear under the same conditions is nice and flat. I'm gonna tune this so that it has safe a/f's in every gear even if i sacrifice topend power in 4th gear by running a bit rich. So i'm going to start working on idle and fine tuning cruising. Not sure if i'd mentioned b4 but the f22 pulls like 25 in/hg in vacuum when coming immediately off the throttle and my map only reads up to 24.7. I'm trying to adjust it but its stubborn.

Comment

15 psi!! wow.

do u have the dsm setup on ur car?

Comment

t3/t04e setup on my car...check out my member's ride. Hasn't been updated in a bit but u'll get the idea of what i'm running.

Update: I'm gonna have to create different maps ranging from 5psi to 11psi. I can't seem to get a flat a/f ratio to stay flat by even if i only turn up the boost by a pound. I've got 2 sources with dsm setups that are willing to try out my maps...just in case u didn't see the other thread i'm running a 9.5 @ 75mph in the 1/8th so far

Comment

just in case u didn't see the other thread i'm running a 9.5 @ 75mph in the 1/8th so far
                            Around what kind of 1/4 mile time does that translate to? Can't wait to see the maps!!

Comment

i got a question, im planning to cop me a p06 ecu so that a guy ive been talking to on uberdata can creat a map and chip it for me.

i kno i can just buy a used one from the junk yard easily but whats up with the ones i see on ebay, the skunk or mugen chipped ones, are they legit and would uberdata run with it?
                              or would it be no point in buying a mugen chipped p06 because u might have to remove the mugen chip to install the uberdata map/chip???

thanks
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

a94si - got a 14.8@96mph with very little first gear traction
                                theone - You should never use a mugen chip on ur accord. Many reasons why. First, you have an 2.2L not a 1.6L or 1.8L. Most real mugen cars are civics and integras i believe. Another reason is the high cam lobes they use in their motors. The tune is not a stock tune at all. The mugen engines need alot more fuel and probably timing adjustments due to the compression ratio and i don't think they use stock heads at all. All the P&P'ing, valve angles, and valve diameters play a big part on how the engine runs as u know. Mugen really only deals with natural aspiration i thought u were going turbo. If so, u certainly don't want an N/A mugen chip. Other reasons are...look at how much trouble i went through trying to create a tune. The companies selling these chips simply use programs similiar to uberdata to raise rev limits and change the maps. The chipping parts + eprom cost $15-20 shipped, chipping tools cost $20, p06 ecu is like $75 or less (don't pay more than $75 please). So about $115 and ur good. Unless u wanthe programmer which u can find for $65 shipped on ebay and such. The chipped mugen part of the ecu is just an eprom with the mugen map. Once u take out that map and cut jumper j1 its just another stock ecu. Hope that answered everything

Comment

Working...
                                X