Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry for the delays fellas but theres quite a few hurricanes outside...still tweaking tho
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The greenline is the air fuel ratio
      Red line is lamda
      Blue line is RPM
      Purple line is Throttle Posistion
      and the light blue line is nothing as of yet

cruising a/f ratio pic
      a/f - 14.7 where the vertical white line is
      rpm - 2583
      throttle position - 17%

A/F at idle
      a/f - 14.9 where the vertical white line is
      rpm - 889
      throttle position - 7%

The Air fuel ratio i ran at the track. 1st-4th gear. Notice how flat the curve is anytime i'm WOT. Also notice how long it takes for the rpm's to climb while i'm going into 2nd gear even tho i was WOT(look at the throttle position to figure out where 2nd gear is...1st gear is that squiggly ish). The waivering in the rpm lines are more examples of the clutch slipping.

a/f - 11.9 where the screen ends
      rpm - 5236
      throttle position - WOT...for some reason it registers in at 87%

I know those may be hard to see but i wanted to show u guys what exactly i'd accomplished
      Last edited by MRX; 09-30-2004, 05:34 PM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

these are just bigger pix of the ones above. They have trouble loading. Try refreshing alot to see all of them

Last edited by MRX; 09-30-2004, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Looks like you got it dailed in pretty good, Nice job.

I can't see the last set of pics, it says something like "Sorry, you are trying to access an image outside of Imagestation.com"

Comment

my car is now officially run by uberdata....best thing thats happened to me in months haha

I <3 MRX

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

FYI...i gave R33 my map to get him up and running properly. R33 come back with comments and suggestions.

and i <3 u 2 eric
              Last edited by MRX; 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                my car is now officially run by uberdata....best thing thats happened to me in months haha

I <3 MRX
                yeah man, lets us know ur reviews
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

well i drove home tonight with it and it was perfectly fine. i was able to finally get on it a little and WOW its like driving a whole new car. so smooth. i still didnt go crazy though i still want to get a feel for the map and what the car is doing at certain points. as far as my POS autometer A/F guages reads the A/F is almost perfect...except of course when you let off the throttle and it goes into big vac numbers (25+) in which it becomes super lean. but its not a big deal, mabye ill play with the map scalers tommorow if i have time.

to MRX's tunning

Comment

damn, nice, cant wait to get my p06 and get it out to midnite
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Great to hear eric. Hopefully u know something i don't about modifying the vacuum readings. I tried, the thing goes screwy. I'm meeting up with carlos 2morrow and i'll have him look over the map and fine tune if possible. Between the 3 of us attacking the high vac prob we're bound to figure it out.

p.s. quit bein' a pussy a lay into it lol!...WOT all gears
                      be free my friend be free

Comment

oh i plan on it now. gonna do the catch can soon too!

Comment

nice writeup....i just downlowaded uberdata. I''ve been looking into this for a while. The only thing is i drive a gsr powered hatch. The reason i'm on here all the time (reading, not posting) is that my roomate has a 93 ex and we just bought a head to p&p and do a regrind on. We're planning on tuning it with uberdata, but are there any good f22 basemaps? I figure that with I/H/E/cam/p&p we will need to add some fuel.

what about the throttle secondaries?

p.s. does anyone want to sell me some of the hardware i'll need?
                          H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

i have a p06 that is already chipped..i have to do a few tests to make sure its in perfect working condition before i would sell it. but ill let you know

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                              nice writeup....i just downlowaded uberdata. I''ve been looking into this for a while. The only thing is i drive a gsr powered hatch. The reason i'm on here all the time (reading, not posting) is that my roomate has a 93 ex and we just bought a head to p&p and do a regrind on. We're planning on tuning it with uberdata, but are there any good f22 basemaps? I figure that with I/H/E/cam/p&p we will need to add some fuel.

what about the throttle secondaries?

p.s. does anyone want to sell me some of the hardware i'll need?
                              good to hear, the only well running f22 basemap currently in public existence is my own...that i know of. I'll be making a stock f22 basemap sooner or later but i have to take off my wideband and meet up with carlos for all that. It shouldn't take long tho seeing as the only big differences between my turbo map and an n/a map is added fuel and retarded ignition in the boost columns. I'll be done shortly once i can get my programmer to start working again.

The secondaries can be covered with any rpm activated switch...a cheap shift light could operate them ya know.

Update: I've been given instructions on how to correct the lean mixture under heavy vacuum but now the programmer has stopped working again. Eric is the only person that can complete my map currently so hopefully he'll give it a try and come back with good results...or atleast different results than the lean mixture.

but since i'm getting closer to completion here is some info on chipped ecus and uberdata

Uberdata Forum - http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum/

Uberdata program Version 1.66 - http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/dow...ble%20Version/

Homemadeturbo.com Engine Management Section - http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?board=6

How to chip obd1 ecu's - http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html

Ecu related site - http://www.PGMFI.org
                              (crap load of reading but it does a body good)

quick and dirty parts package to completely chip the ecu - http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...products_id=42
                              Last edited by MRX; 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM.

Comment

got a question for u....

when i send out my ecu for u to chip will the map that u r using at the time work the same with mines being as tho i still running my regrind cam? would u have to alter it a little to add extra fuel for that, or will in be fine?

thanks...
                                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                                X