Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey midnite im free tonight so im gonna try and play with the map and see if i can get it a little richer at high vaccume. i should have an answer by tonight.

theone - you might have to add fuel in the non-boost portions of the map. the boost columns are pretty rich due to MRXs t3/t4, I dont know what turbo your using though. if its a t3/t4 or bigger you may have to add a little bit.

its gonna have to be tunned to your car specificly anyway so you will be able to figure out what needs to be done during the tunning process

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

im running a 14b.
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by theone
        got a question for u....

when i send out my ecu for u to chip will the map that u r using at the time work the same with mines being as tho i still running my regrind cam? would u have to alter it a little to add extra fuel for that, or will in be fine?

thanks...
        R33 answered it pretty well...i'll just add this...only the wideband can answer that question.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

cool man, I'll be keeping an eye out for that basemap. I haven't actually picked the head up yet, so i'm not really sweatin it.

p.s. thanks for the replies, didn't mean to jack the thread.
          Former Ride:
          93 Accord Coupe
          Jdm H22 w/ LSD
          Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
          Bone stock 99 2.3CL
          Black on Black Leather
          5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
          C. S. Lewis

Comment

whoops, that was me using my friends name peace
            H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

so any new updates, hows everything coming along???
              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

programmer still won't work. I have to wait till tomorrow (if i even have enough money) to probably order a new one. Anyone wanna help a brotha out paypal me a couple bucks...playatastik@aol.com. Besides that the car is running really good on this map, no complaints here...what about u r33? How's gas mileage?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ill send you some money for the ECU you sent me.

gas millage is ok, i think when i lean it out to match my 14b it will be a lot better.

Comment

lemme rephrase that...how is NON-boosted gas mileage lol? Or are you extremely confident and can't stay out of boost?

Comment

stay out of boost? hahahahha yah right.

its kinda hard not to boost when you start spooling @ 2500 RPMs

Comment

any luck fixing the high vac problem, R33?

Comment

hey that 14b turbo start spoolin at 2500? daymm i thot it start around 3200 or 3500

Comment

you'll never guess what info i found on hmt...

per xenocron - When you let off the gas, the Throttle plate shuts closed. When the ECU sees the Throttle plate closed and the engine is higher than 1100 RPMs, it should shut off the injectors and use engine compression to slow the vehicle.

I say should because I have observed the injectors staying on at random times with various versions of the OBD0 code...sometimes it does it right, sometimes it doesnt.

Obviously, when the injectors shut off...your Wideband will read lean...mine tells me 20.9% Oxygen, which is what Air is.

green91 - Hmm, i think i will try scaling the fuel down quite a bit then. At idle i seem to be at about -18 vacuum.. but when im going down the road and let off the gas, its closer to -30.

Very interesting huh? I'm gonna ask the ppl on hmt that have civics and tegs with wb's to gimme some feedback on what they see when they let off the throttle. If this isn't such the problem i thought it was then the map is about 90-95% complete

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
                              hey that 14b turbo start spoolin at 2500? daymm i thot it start around 3200 or 3500
                              mines looks like it starts boost at 3000-3200

i boost yesterday just to make sure everything was str8.
                              rev it to 3000 while in first, let off the clutch, boost gauge read 5psi and climbing, then i let off it, didnt want to f up anything sense i dont have everything yet.
                              seeing that made my day
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

still waiting like a shark for the base maps, ready to start trying it out on tuning a n/a f22
                                H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Working...
                                X