Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hatchninja
    still waiting like a shark for the base maps, ready to start trying it out on tuning a n/a f22
    You have a chip burner? And it'll take a week and a half for the chip burner to get to me if i have to order a new one anyways...so keep waiting i guess. So close yet so far away.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

can you just give him the boosted map and let him modify that? it should be a good start...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Well i was gonna put out a basemap for n/a and my boosted map at the same time...i'd just have to take out the boost columns...wait...no i wouldn't. The map would only read for vacuum...n/a cars would never hit the boost columns in the first place. Nevertheless i was gonna make 2 maps anyways.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

can't take it anymore...just ordered a new programmer. If i ever get the old one to work i'll just sell it and keep the new one. Its coming from hong kong tho so 1.5 weeks shipping most likely.

Comment

dang
            so how longs my wait....?

no worries tho, the more work you put into it the better the map a be, plus im not driving my car anywhere anyways..

NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by theone
              dang
              so how longs my wait....?

no worries tho, the more work you put into it the better the map a be, plus im not driving my car anywhere anyways..

i thank you for that last comment it makes me feel alot less rushed. With that said i'll test my engine at 10-11psi and you'll be using that map. The highest my map has gone consistently is 8psi and since your using 10psi i'll send you a 10psi map that has been tested. So at most your wait will be 1 week after i get the programmer.

And it has been confirmed the lean part when the throttle is closed is absolutely normal. I guess if i'd thought about it some more it would have made sense. Just think about it...if you've got air, fuel, and spark...how are you rpm's going to decrease??? Take the fuel out and your rpm's will drop as they should when the throttle plate is closed. Talked to a couple of ppl with widebands and they get the same thing. So the map is actually extremely close to being done i just need the programmer so i can put the finishing touches on it. In due time my friends...in due time

Comment

no rush my man....
                i just cant wait to boost, but i can wait for perfection....
                thanks again
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  i thank you for that last comment it makes me feel alot less rushed. With that said i'll test my engine at 10-11psi and you'll be using that map. The highest my map has gone consistently is 8psi and since your using 10psi i'll send you a 10psi map that has been tested. So at most your wait will be 1 week after i get the programmer.

And it has been confirmed the lean part when the throttle is closed is absolutely normal. I guess if i'd thought about it some more it would have made sense. Just think about it...if you've got air, fuel, and spark...how are you rpm's going to decrease??? Take the fuel out and your rpm's will drop as they should when the throttle plate is closed. Talked to a couple of ppl with widebands and they get the same thing. So the map is actually extremely close to being done i just need the programmer so i can put the finishing touches on it. In due time my friends...in due time
                  I was looking on ubers web site and found that there is actually a setting for adjusting injector shut off, so it is definitly normal.

Comment

Managed to get 386 miles to the tank under "moderate" boost...if u wanna call what i was doing moderate . That was about 75% highway and 25% city. I didn't even let it go down past "empty" i stopped the trip right when the gas light came on. Calculated 28.18 mpg. Still waiting for the programmer to come in.

Comment

Different types of programmers that can be bought:

Willem Chip Burner - $42 Go to ebay and search for "eprom programmer" The USB versions are what i buy for simplicity. I'm using this one myself.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...850270323&rd=1

Moates Chip Burner - $85
                      http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...products_id=48
                      Last edited by MRX; 06-03-2005, 07:56 PM.

Comment

so if i get a programmer i can basically learn how to tune/program the uberdata chip myself?

gona look at it some more tomorrow, right now im tired.

but thanks for the info
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by theone
                          so if i get a programmer i can basically learn how to tune/program the uberdata chip myself?

exactly...the only thing u wouldn't have that i do is the wideband. But u could still add fuel where needed for the cruising sections of ur map, which u may need to due to the cams lobes.

Update: Chip burner is in, tossed in my new map with the stepped retard. Noticeable difference in power. The A/F ratio increased slightly throughout the power band by about .2-.4 so i made another map to richen up the mixture a bit more. I've decided i want it around a 11.5-11.8:1 under boost. Finally got the fuel multipliers to work. Cold idle is getting better now and i can improve it some more now that i'm actually able to change it around. The problem i was having if u remember was the car wouldn't even start once i enabled the fuel multipliers but that seems to be gone. Turned up the boost to 10psi (yes, she hauls) to accurately datalog theone's map. While riding around for about an hour testing the new map i didn't feel anything abnormal. Parked the car, did odd and ends around the house, hopped back in the car and while riding to a restaurant there was like this jerking in 1st gear at like 2000rpm...hard jerking i'm not sure what that was but i can't duplicate it. I think maybe i was at like 10%-20% throttle and it may have been right on the border line of shutting off the injectors because of the very low load on the engine. Meaning it may have thought i wanted it to decelerate and engine brake. I may not be able to change that. I'll keep trying to get it to happen again tho. So the final progress is being made for my map...even managed to clean up the idle some more...but in doing so it sometimes drops down to 500rpm acting like it wants to die for a split second. But steadies back out to 700rpm. It still moves around to like 900rpm-1000rpm...then settles down again. She's weird.

Comment

Sounds like.. track time .. toine

vid footage j00!
                            Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 11-08-2004, 12:01 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

bleh i still havnt had a chance to try out the map you sent me...mabye tonight ill get some time..i still gotta burn the chip for Gdout too and then ship it.

Comment

man i feel special...lol

(in a good way)
                                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                                X