Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    bleh i still havnt had a chance to try out the map you sent me...mabye tonight ill get some time..i still gotta burn the chip for Gdout too and then ship it.
    don't bother, it had trouble starting the car...musta been a bad transfer of the ign lo map. I'll send the one the its the car right now to you next time i catch up with u online. The sudden engine braking that u were getting should be gone with this map...even at cold idle it doesn't bog down as violently when completely off the throttle.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

alright kiddies, here it is. Per MRX

"this is your map boys, its best to be boosted on this map. All motor cars should have widebands and i'll try to get a completely stock map when i get time"

http://home.comcast.net/~ndd3d/turbof22v5.bin

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

What size injectors are being used on the map?

Comment

DSM 450 or 440 whichever you want to call them

Comment

450's...characteristics of this map (Uberdata Version 1.66):

- Idle moves around from 900-1100 most of the time. But it seems like in hot weather it will idle perfectly at 700 from time to time. But doesn't stall out randomly.

- While picking up speed from a dead stop there is a slight cough at about 2500-2700rpm. It feels like a small speed bump...nothing big but it is there sometimes.

- Throttle response is nice but the a/f ratio dips down into the 11's if not 10's. I'll keep playing with the tps setting on that one.

- If u let off the gas in gear and the revs fall to about 1500 there is a rich spot around that rpm and it'll gain a little speed without the throttle being pressed. Then fall back...hit 1500rpm again and gain speed and lose it and so on.

- Cold idle is still weird. And since i can only play with that once every 3 hours or so it'll take me some time to get right. If your going to drive while in cold idle please notice the dead spot where the engine drops its revs (trust me you'll notice it...try not to hit your head on the steering wheel lol). Just press in the clutch right b4 it does drop revs and you'll be fine. It'll only happen if your using very light throttle.

- Gas mileage is great. 386 miles to the tank. Alot of my work was concentrated on highway cruising rpm's and such. It'll get roughly 29-33 hwy miles/gal without boosting i'd say.

The a/f ratio at 10psi is a flat 11.4-11.7ish from about 2800-till redline and past redline.

Tips:

- Try not to use boost to simply pick up speed too much. I mean its ok but take it easy on your baby. The a/f ratio's for that are sharp but within limits so i'll need more time with that.

- I have a t3/04e turbo with yada yada and such so i flow ALOT of cfm's compared to the dsm turbo setups. If your gonna take out fuel in the boost sections make sure u either have a wideband to accurately measure where your a/f ratio is. If its puffing out alot of black smoke in boost then its too rich and u should take out 1% of fuel around the boost column that your boosting at a time till its not too much black smoke. I'd say leave a little if you do not have a wideband or a very knowlegable tuner with you.

- This will be the map i'll be personally using till i hit the dyno.
            Remember that it is a basemap and it will need to be tuned if u do not drive my car specifically

- Remember when making adjustments on the map to make it on 4 points rather than 1 or 2. The ecu reads 4 points at a time and takes an average.

- Do not advance timing if u do not know what your doing.

I thank everyone for they're patience and i look forward to much feedback and enhancements to the map. If you figure something out or fix something by all means please come back and tell us. And if one of u dsm turbo guys tune the map for say a t-25 or a 14b under a wideband please post the map. There are alot more dsm projects than there are turbonetics

And last but not least please remember that if your running really rich in boost that my turbo can push enough air not to run rich. If you experience something like this then please make note that...my car is faster than yours so know your role bishes!!!
            Last edited by MRX; 11-13-2004, 01:55 PM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by a94si
              What size injectors are being used on the map?
              u could atleast look at the map lol

Eric is there anything you'd like to add about the map that u think i maybe forgot?

Comment

hmmmm i think you got it all...ill second the warning to watch your head on that cold idle jerk haha, its a doosy. i ment to ask you MRX what RPM do you idle when cold? mine seems a tad high, but i know its a lot colder here in New england than in florida lol

Comment

hmmmm i think you got it all...ill second the warning to watch your head on that cold idle jerk haha, its a doosy. i ment to ask you MRX what RPM do you idle when cold? mine seems a tad high, but i know its a lot colder here in New england than in florida lol
                  *edit*
                  i meant hot weather. Just add some more fuel from the 800-1000rpm and 24.7hg-19ish columns. Take a little bit out at a time from 1297-1500rpm in the same vac. I think its high because its lean. But where exactly does it idle?

:2nd edit: High idle means rich so take out some fuel
                  Last edited by MRX; 02-02-2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

ill try that..it idles at around 2300 sometimes when i first start it in the morning

Comment

ill try that..it idles at around 2300 sometimes when i first start it in the morning
                      oh thats the norm for me too...whats it at under warm idle?

Comment

idles read nice at around 8-900

Comment

idles read nice at around 8-900
                          pfft...ur fine just play with the fuel multipliers. The posted map might help u out when u try it.

Comment

anyone in here running thier AC with the dsm o2 housing? im having problems with my o2 housing hitting the flange that connects to the ac compressor. i bent the lines but it still not enough for the o2 housing to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              pfft...ur fine just play with the fuel multipliers. The posted map might help u out when u try it.
                              trying it right now

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
                                anyone in here running thier AC with the dsm o2 housing? im having problems with my o2 housing hitting the flange that connects to the ac compressor. i bent the lines but it still not enough for the o2 housing to fit.
                                hey man, this is off topic so thats why u didnt get a reply, should have tried asking it in my thread CB7 project or Accord R33's thread.

but as for your question, whn i installed my set up, i still had the a/c lines and everything intack, wasnt hitting nuffin but the heat shield on the side of the a/c and alternator, and i just bent that back.
                                NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Working...
                                X