Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i tried that b4 and the ecu didn't like it. But then again i was just getting started so there may have been something wrong with my approach. It may have to in open loop for everything to work correctly. Oddly enough i do remember plugging the pt3 in with the 450cc's then added my wideband...it actually ran decently (car was still on jackstands). I can't remember what i did it was so long ago. I'll try to figure it out when i get a couple of other problems squared away. I wouldn't recommend running strictly off the wideband tho because of it being an expensive unit. Once you have ur 30+ mpg and have the a/f ratio where u want it and all tuned up then it serves no purpose but to make u money on other ppls cars.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      The zeitronix has a simulated narrowband output. Uberdata can accept readings from the wideband (uber 1.66 and 1.7+ has datalogging capability) and since it gets its info from CN2 on the PCB of the ecu i'm almost positive ecucontrol can and will do the same. I should really post my updated bin huh lol...
      I'm not up to date on uberdata (yet). Didn't realize it could work directly from wideband. However, the ecu will only report a max of 3.86vdc for the o2 reading to Cn2 due to circuit limitation.
      Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude.

Comment

the best i can do right now is look more into it and let u know when i accomplish it myself. I ordered the cable last saturday so it should be here by today hopefully

U can search the forum in the meantime tho... http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

got my chips from antoine last night, hopefully my boss wont come in today so i can have time to chip the P28

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

wow over the last few days i completely forgot about that package mikey. I hope it works out. If not we'll make it work...MRX, Inc. is now back in business.

Comment

wow over the last few days i completely forgot about that package mikey. I hope it works out. If not we'll make it work...MRX, Inc. is now back in business.
              heh, all my tools are back home in NY, im stuck at work in NJ... so i managed using wire strippers as wire cutters and im using a $5 super crappy iron with a corroded malformed very blunt tip. no solder sucker or wick either, so my cheeks hurt from blowing on all the holes, which there are alot... trying to shake the solder off the end of the iron by banging it on the garbage can i bent the iron (??) so luckily i found a nice new fine tip iron in my boss's office and my coworker just so happened to have some wick. if only i had found these earlier, i only have like 5 more holes to unsolder... blah. my cheeks hurt

Current cars:

Comment

you sir...are the definition of ghetto

Comment

you sir...are the definition of ghetto
                  glad to have ya back mang.. check out your "calling all f20a...." thread.. been some updates while you were out..

btw.. if you can and feel ur able to.. get on aim sometime.. need to talk about ecu chippage..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hmmm can anybody send me a copy of ecucontrol? their site is down and i would relaly like to try it tonight!

****leet@gmail.com

Current cars:

Comment

Wow just saw that what u posted mikey lol. Did u get ecucontrol yet? I'll try to have mine up and running this week but promise nothing.

Update: My car is still running fine getting 33mpg on the highway and about 28-30mph in the city. Grumpy93 is local to me and we're experimenting with his car now. Its a stock f22a1 with CAI and exhaust. So far so good, we've got it idling quite nicely, found one stutter at about 2k rpm under light throttle but fixed that. Power seems about stock. Progress was made at a rapid rate considering i didn't put my wideband on it. We'll be tweaking here and there and hopefully release a strong f22a map dyno'd against the stock ecu

Comment

Hey well the drive today to skool went smooth i found some more deadspots well have to tweak out still haven't floored it and gone WOT but if i had to complain bout nething right now i would have to say the fact that it takes 2 cranks sometimes to start the car and a very mild complain bout low rpms at idle but i can get over that. So far i am happy still haven't felt a gain but like antoine said we just started and we did all this crap in less then 2 hours of tuning so we are still looking for more time to street tune then finally take it to the dyno when i have the money can't wait
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

W00T!! T3H HAWTNESS.. u lucky bastard.. u got a great tuner local to u.. blow meh!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Nick, remember to write down the rpm, which gear, and how much throttle u were giving it on the dead spots. You'll be asked to find and make every dead spot u discover reappear...yes this is a test

Comment

Oh i got a whole list for you muahahhahaha everything i have noticed and Carlos i would love to meet you and ya i am glad i have a great tuner next to me i am very lucky Ill try and keep you guys updated antoine pm when you are available this week so we can do some more tuning
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

update: managed to get the wideband on this weekend and spent a good 3 hours tuning the brand new map uberdata 1.7 map. Haven't encountered a stutter at all and got the cruising a/f's to 14.4-15.3's just about without the aid of the 02 sensor. I even formed my new map to the f22b map. Gdout tried the map and said it was better than all the rest he'd tried. I'm concentrating on gas mileage and daily drivability right now. Getting a strong basemap is my first priority and then second is power. Keep your eyes peeled. When i work out a couple bugs in it i'll release it.

Comment

Working...
                                X