Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so u tried the fuel system cleaner?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Antoine, I just spent an hour reading this entire thread and I must say... WOW!!!

I have the Mentor OBD2 scan tool and have done tons of datalogging with it and even made some changes to a few ECU's (mainly GM american pieces of crap, but that's besides the point). Sadly, it does not interface directly with the OBD1's in our Accords. I just wanted to tell you that because of your thread, I will be ordering a chip burner and all the extra goodies needed to start burning my own custom programs for the OBD1's. I have an H23 getting built for boost so in about a year, it will be a good guinee pig for a custom boosted H23 map.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. There are lots of people doing this stuff, but non of them are sharing their adventure like you are. You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Thank you, Pat. That really does mean alot to me coming from you. I'm only doing as you've taught me to do in the past tho...and thats not to be stingy with valuable information. It'd be great to have you start tuning with your years of experience backing you up. That would help us ALL out.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I will give you a call when my new phone comes in. PM me with your # whenever you get a chance. I think I'm gonna be picking your brain for a while when I order the equipment and parts. I have like 8 years of electrical and soldering experience so I'm not concerned about that....mainly about setting good base maps to start off with so that I won't have to spend tons of time burning version after version. And thanks for the compliment

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

ya i used the cleaner but iono if that did nething lmao but i am also most of the time gettn the car on one crank except for the first cool start of the day
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

hey i was wondering if u could send me the latest map u have i alrdy asked u a couple time but it seems ur inbox is always full hehe email : myrmex@golden.net

Comment

i haven't forgotten you actually, about 3 ppl want it and i'm rarely on the laptop that has the bin. I'll be on it today just be patient i'll try to get it out to you.

Comment

Well grumpy(nick) and i finally got the chance to put my wideband on his car. Its a stock motor with just i/e. For the most part all was going pretty well, i even fixed the starting problem! We managed to maintain a 13.6-13.3 a/f from about 2600rpm - redline and holding about a 13.4 through most of the pull. We were doing good and then i added WAY too much fuel in low vac and the car would bog so bad it would stall (never did this before so i'm just gonna mix and match the old map with this one. We had to switch to the stock ecu. I even got a log of the stock ecu before the night was over and it runs like 12.6's in 2nd gear! in 3rd gear its about a 12.5 a/f . We're gonna fine tune some more but most everything went ok

A/F tune of the f22a motor with just i/e and only 2 passes

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0.jpg.orig.jpg

I expect to have it flat by 1-2 quick more runs....rejoice all

p.s. f22 = gas guzzling whore! I was really suprised at how much fuel it took to get the afr's looking like that
                  Last edited by MRX; 07-20-2005, 12:41 AM.

Comment

no im sorry its jus my car that is a gas guzzling whore what can i say she is a big bitch lmao but ya its true bout that 2 steps forward one step back except tonight we took 2 steps forward and bout 5 steps back lmao but its all good THANK ANTOINE FOR BREAKING MY CAR lmao j/m can't wait for tomorrow
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Sigh...i have failed you my friends . I couldn't get anymore horsepower than the stock ecu in grumpys93's car. I got about a 5-6whp/10-11wtq gain from 2000-2600ish and then a couple more ponies till 3500rpm. From there on it was just about even with the stock ecu no matter what i did with the timing or the a/f's. The stock ecu ended up peaking 1whp more than me lol. But for the most part the f22's have a basemap. I need to double check gas mileage on it then it can be released

Comment

so i take it u want me to do the gas mileage check then lmao well this weekend is a good time for that since i am going to orlando
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Update on the turbo map: Everything seems to be flowing great right now. My start-up problem was mostly due to my fuel filter's banjo bolt leaking fuel so the fuel pressure was always too low to start the car on the first try. The last thing left before completion is getting rid of that slight studder from 2250-2600rpm. Other than that most everything is pretty good. Still seems to be ranging 25-29 highway mpg and 20-22 city mpg which i'm still working on.

Comment

so the start up problem has nothing to do with the chip? maybe i need to check that out on mine.

what part did u change on the map to make it startup on first crank?
                            Last edited by Backfire32; 07-29-2005, 10:58 AM.

Comment

just lots of fuel, I'll PM you the amounts i'm using.

Comment

and what bout me? and am i going to get my sadly dyno sheet back?
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X