Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Golden Eagle Fuel Rail Faults.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Golden Eagle Fuel Rail Faults.

Throughout my build, I picked up a brand new H22 Golden Eagle fuel rail straight from the Golden Eagle website. It came, was perfectly packaged, came with 4 - 12" long stickers, 2 black, 2 white, so I thought to myself, wow, these guys know what they are doing. After first installing my rail, I noticed multiple faults. These are my finds:

1. The port they give to you that is to house a Fuel pressure gauge, is DIRECTLY in front of the IACV and will not work unless you have 2-90* fittings installed on your gauge

Picture:

2. The fuel rail is much longer then a stock USDM or JDM fuel rail. Thus, you MUST get an EGR blockoff plate.

3. The biggest problem, The usual spacers that you would use with a stock JDM/USDM fuel rail are FAR too long. This is still proving to be a fair bit of a pickle for me. I have come up with the proper spacing for the manifold to injector to fuel rail combination. I used the spacers from a b-series manifold. These seem to space it out almost perfectly. However, Now the studs are too long for the nuts to tighten the rail down. The studs taper approx .25" before the nut even contacts the tightening surface of the fuel rail. I will have to find some type of very slim shim or spacer to make this work properly.

I was not able to create a decent enough picture to post.

All in all, the only positive thing I have experienced with this fuel rail so far is, with all other fuel rails I have had, the Fuel pressure regulator (aftermarket adjustable unit) comes in contact with the valve for the secondaries. This rail has ample clearance, which is wonderful.

In short, if you do not have the want nor ability/resources to fab things up to make this fuel rail work, I suggest not buying it. I was extremely disappointed to have learned this was such a big pain in the ass.

JDMRIDES.ca

That really sucks...I think im going to go with an AEM

Were did you get the EGR removal plate? Does it benefit power in any way?

Comment

Probably a safe bet. Have never heard of anything wrong with AEM.

The EGR blockoff plate is from KMS engine development. About hp gains, I doubt it.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

thats rediculous...

I wounder if it fits the newer accords or preludes better. Because obviously they didn't design it for our car...
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Yea, those are issues you potentially get with aftermarket units. I know that all too well with my project.

Also, those two 90 deg fittings for the fuel gauge, will start to leak after a while. I personally learned, the less fittings, the better, if you can just direct fit the gauge into the port. So keep an eye for leaks, as it happened to me with just one 90 deg elbow fitting, and I used the B&M provided one as well. I direct fit the gauge into the B&M banjo bolt on the fuel filter itself and no leaks. The leaks occur after a couple fuel filter changes, in which I had to disassemble the fittings, I think the threads in the 90 deg fittings are too soft.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-05-2008, 09:49 AM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i went through the same exact shit you did it was so frustrating that i bought a AEM one right then and there.....if im not mistaken its so you use there manifold 'Goldedn Eagle"makes sense..oh yeah as far as your fuel pressure regulator its sometimes better to install on firewall less vibration.mine mounted on fuel rail about 2 months and is already broke...STR makes a manifold that is exactly like golden eagles that your fuel rail is compatiable with i dont think its in production anymore i know the STR still makes the throttle body and sometimes you can find the manifold used....
            Last edited by DRQPQUT; 05-05-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

my fuel set-up is

AEM fuel rail
              Aeromotive FPR
              Summit racing filter
              Earl’s performance steel braided fuel lines and fittings
              Ebay fuel gauge
              255 LPH fuel pump

love it. but i had to use a EGR block off plate cause of the filter

Comment

You know, i had the same problem with my STR H22 fuelrail on my F22. I had to get an egr blockoff plate to fit the 90degree fuel inlet it came with. I ended up putting a 8an line on that inlet some time later... I also had to a very tight fit getting the 1 of the 3 nuts that hold the fuelrail down...
                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                F22a1
                60-1 td06h turbo
                Darton mid sleeves
                85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                Crower pro billet rods
                Custom ported head.
                KMS valves
                F23 headgasket
                ARP H23 headstuds
                H23 upper intake manifold
                F22a6 lower intake manifold
                Intake manifold is gutted
                AEM EMS 1040u
                FIC 850cc injectors
                Walbro 255 pump
                H23 manual trans
                Prelude shifter assembly
                Forbidden short throw
                Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

So I finally got around to fabbing up some spacers for the tie-downs on the rail. I used 3/8" steel brake line, it works PERFECT! Couldnt get any better.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Why are you guys using aftermarket fuel rails?? Stock flows fine up to about 600hp.
                    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R View Post
                      Why are you guys using aftermarket fuel rails?? Stock flows fine up to about 600hp.
                      Yup. If Goals are 500 ish, stock is fine.... anymore id change the rail (just preference)... Stock lines are good to about 650 WHP..... Im making 640WHP on stock lines with a walbro 255HP in the tank, and a 290LPH under my feet up front. If I upgrade it will be to -10 feed, A1000 pump and ill use the stock fuel line for a return and block the stock return off...

Im using a GE fuel rail and have 0 issues, but im using a S-2 mani (NO EGR). One friendly word of advice is to either mount that Guage OFF the rail (ON THE FIREWALL OR SOMETHING) AS THE b&m GAUGES SUCK AND will BREAK IF THEY ARE ON THE MOTOR.
                      (sorry bout the caps).

I had 3 shit the bed..... then mounted here and got the autolink

You can see the auolink one her... Its black and looks sexy too!!!:

Autolinks are the shit and WONT break. Only like 40 shipped through exospeed IIRC

Also, stay away from AEM FPRS, they suck. I know of three motors PERSONALLY tha thave blown up due to the diaphram shitting the bed (to be fair all boosted making alot of power). Going lean is not cool.... Either Aeromotive (again NOT mounted on the motor), or SX are great5 affordable alternatives to the AEM gayness.... or just keep the stock one (its better/more reliable than the AEM).

Good luck.
                      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

im intrested in your fuel line set up.

Originally posted by lowakkord View Post
                        Throughout my build, I picked up a brand new H22 Golden Eagle fuel rail straight from the Golden Eagle website. It came, was perfectly packaged, came with 4 - 12" long stickers, 2 black, 2 white, so I thought to myself, wow, these guys know what they are doing. After first installing my rail, I noticed multiple faults. These are my finds:

1. The port they give to you that is to house a Fuel pressure gauge, is DIRECTLY in front of the IACV and will not work unless you have 2-90* fittings installed on your gauge

Picture:

2. The fuel rail is much longer then a stock USDM or JDM fuel rail. Thus, you MUST get an EGR blockoff plate.

3. The biggest problem, The usual spacers that you would use with a stock JDM/USDM fuel rail are FAR too long. This is still proving to be a fair bit of a pickle for me. I have come up with the proper spacing for the manifold to injector to fuel rail combination. I used the spacers from a b-series manifold. These seem to space it out almost perfectly. However, Now the studs are too long for the nuts to tighten the rail down. The studs taper approx .25" before the nut even contacts the tightening surface of the fuel rail. I will have to find some type of very slim shim or spacer to make this work properly.

I was not able to create a decent enough picture to post.

All in all, the only positive thing I have experienced with this fuel rail so far is, with all other fuel rails I have had, the Fuel pressure regulator (aftermarket adjustable unit) comes in contact with the valve for the secondaries. This rail has ample clearance, which is wonderful.

In short, if you do not have the want nor ability/resources to fab things up to make this fuel rail work, I suggest not buying it. I was extremely disappointed to have learned this was such a big pain in the ass.
                        Hey the i am intrested in your fuel line set up that blue line going into the rail can you elaborate ,show more pics and what parts you used .

I have a proseries skunk2 manifold on my h22 so i don have to worry about the egr in the way but i did notice the stock fuel rail sits on a angle. And my golden eagle mounts horizontal. I want to get a aem FPR but i dont know if i should get the 90 degrees adaptor or use the 90 degrees fitting.... but any way i wanna see that blue line
                        a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                        out with the old and in with the new

Comment

You realize that lowakkord hasn't been on here in over 5 years?
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                          X