Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Different brands of intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different brands of intakes

I'm looking into getting a short ram intake, but am not sure which brand to go with. There are so many to choose from.

Which is better?

-Injen

-AEM

-HKS

-K&N Typhoon

-Pacesetter

-Hayame
    Injen
    5.88%
    AEM
    76.47%
    Pacesetter
    0.00%
    HKS
    5.88%
    Hayame
    0.00%
    K&N Typhoon
    11.76%

Are Matrix Garbage?

Are Matrix Garbage?
    Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

i like that asthetics of weapon-r & weapon-r sr intakes are proven through dyno tests to beat aem sr intakes. this is true & covered by magazines in the past. also the weapon r intakes have a great heat shield for the filter. and the shield even has an optional ram air kit.

Comment

So it looks like I'm going to go with either the Weapon-R Dragon intake, or the AEM Short Ram intake.

Comment

i have an aem sr, and im really happy with it. impressive trottle response, and for under 100$ you cant go wrong.

super easy install too. took me about 5 minutes after i got the airbox out.
          1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

i got a good deal on mine, intake, ram air kit & cold shield all for $100 plus free installation. my friend works at weapon-r. lol

Comment

if a carb eo # is an important thing to u, get the aem. aside from that, it doesn't really matter which one u get. basically the same concept. enjoy!
              O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

weapon r is carb exempt legal. it comes with a carb number sticker

Comment

yea, what they said. if you need a carb exempt intake get THIS ... fuck aem. but if you dont need one, just get any $10 intake off ebay. im even using a cheapass obx filter and ive had no probs at all

if you dont care about the k&n filter, search on ebay... the same seller is also selling the intake with it for $25 less.
                  Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-08-2004, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X