Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

After Market Pulley Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Market Pulley Question

Hello all, I know many of you out there with H22a's have under drive pulleys. I have been looking into getting them, but everyone including the manufacturers seem to be a little confused.

My questions are...

1) what accessory pulleys are you using (part number if possible)
    I have looked into Unorthodox and AEM but neither one can "verify" that the set will work with the JDM engine.

2) what crank pulley (if any) are you using (part number if possible) and do you think it is necessary. I have heard good and bad things from people here.
    Again Unorthodox seems to not be sure about this one. The guy suggested getting the F22 crank pulley, but I was advised by the guys at HMO to not put an F22 crank pulley on an H22.

Any any input would be great (as long as you know what you are talking about)

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Bump?

Any info at all guys...

The engine will be here next week so I would prefer to order the pulleys as soon as possible...

The below individuals have atleast some knowlage on this subject

91hybridaccord, ProjekAkkord, 2point6,MR.PHIL ,OnBBS17s,Deevergote (who responds to everything...),excalibur02,ray ray ,ProjekAkkord,HYBRID ACCORD,accord driver ,NAIL05 (some experiance with the crank pulley anyway),lazyae86.

And thats only the first few pages, where are you guys...?

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
      Any info at all guys...

The engine will be here next week so I would prefer to order the pulleys as soon as possible...

The below individuals have atleast some knowlage on this subject

91hybridaccord, ProjekAkkord, 2point6,MR.PHIL ,OnBBS17s,Deevergote (who responds to everything...),excalibur02,ray ray ,ProjekAkkord,HYBRID ACCORD,accord driver ,NAIL05 (some experiance with the crank pulley anyway),lazyae86.

And thats only the first few pages, where are you guys...?

DO NOT PUT ANY PULLEY ON YOUR CRANK THATS NOT DAMPENED... As In ATI, OEM, Fluidampr etc.

Unorthodox Racing pulleys are shit and will ruin your bottom end. Period. DONT DO IT... The gains are negligable at BEST, and DEINATELY not worth putting hat shit on your car. TRUST ME.

If you dont want to shell out 3-400 dollars for just the crank pulley (unless you find a deal) stick with the OEM pulley. The "underdrive accessory pulleys" are a fucking joke too.....

Look for power elsewhere.

Or dont, and be sorry.... sooner or later. I personally know of at LEAST 5 people that have ruined motors with those fucking things... Of course the higher you rev, the more damage can be sustained... But your BEST bet is NOT to fuck with them at all....

FWIW: im using an OEM F22B1 pulley (off my cars stock motor) on my fully built H motor and have had NOT 1 Issue at well over 600 WHP beaten to 9k RPMS REGULARLY!!

The only other pully that id even THINK of runining would be ATI or Fluidmpr.
      Last edited by Supergenius; 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM.
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

I agree w/this guy^^^ they dont do much at all i have a AEM alt & PS pulley and all it did was make the head lights dim when at idle...
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

i have Unorthodox h22 crank pully and acc. and i saw a good improvement.

1lbs off a round moving part(like wheels , pully , cams...etc) give you 4hp. corect me if im rong.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
            i have Unorthodox h22 crank pully and acc. and i saw a good improvement.

1lbs off a round moving part(like wheels , pully , cams...etc) give you 4hp. corect me if im rong.
            Its not as simple as that, and DEFINATELY not worth eating your main bearings up... GET RID OF THAT PILE OF SHIT.

Im not trying ot be a dick, but its the truth.
            realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not super knowledgeable in this area, but I believe for the longevity of the bottom end, dampened is best. Therefore, by means of bolt ons, if you're trying to lose weight off the rotating assembly, go w/ a significantly lighter flywheel. That would make up for the weight of the OEM pulley.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                I'm not super knowledgeable in this area, but I believe for the longevity of the bottom end, dampened is best. Therefore, by means of bolt ons, if you're trying to lose weight off the rotating assembly, go w/ a significantly lighter flywheel. That would make up for the weight of the OEM pulley.
                The more power you are making.. THe more adversely the effects of the POS UR pulley will be. I have a friend (who well leave out of this for the most part)... but he has a 400 WHP stock block f motor... Couldnt figure out why the hell it kept munching bottm end bearings. After he told me he had the UR junk... I FINALLY convinced him to get rid of that shit... And he hasnt had 1 issue since changing it. At first it was a space consideration (its in a civic)... But.... He kept eating bottom ends up untill he nixed that fucking thing.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X