Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU upgrade for H23A1...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU upgrade for H23A1...?

Im currently in the process of doing a full h23a1 swap from a 94 prelude si into my cb7, but i wanted to know if there was a better ecu that i could use instead.
    are there any chipped ecu's or anything?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
    _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

get a chipped P06.

Comment

If you have it already, just use the P14 to get you going then you could always move to a chipped P05/6, PR4, P75 for example. Just a thought

Comment

whats the advantages/disatvantages to each? and which would be the best to go?
        also, isnt the p06 a civic ecu?

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.

Comment

aslong as its chipped i dont think theres any diffrence in the ecu just the program thats on it and whether its a VTEC ecu or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            If you have it already, just use the P14 to get you going then you could always move to a chipped P05/6, PR4, P75 for example. Just a thought
            yeah i have the p14, but i thought there might be something better, such as to remove speed limiter and increase redline for example.

Comment

Seeing as its the Si engine, it most likely doesn't have a speed limiter. Don't know anything about Preludes tho, so I can't tell you for sure.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

oh, i was just assuming it did but you may be right. gonna look into that.
                whats so good about the chipped p06? i see quite a few people using that ecu, but i never looked into it...

Comment

Maybe a p12 I think that's one from the F22B DOHC which is pretty much an H23. But the best would be just get a p06 and have chipped and tuned for your needs.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

chipped p06 it is,
                    thanks for the help guys

Comment

chipped p06

or a p39....that's the ecu the runs the JDM F22b(no knock sensor to hook-up)

Comment

hm that sounds interesting too, but it would probably be hard to come across.
                        btw, are all of these ecu's plug and play?

Comment

ok so i was looking around for a p06 and i learned that it lacks IAB control. is this that bad of an issue? ill be using one of the blaktrax spacers stacked with my oem IAB spacer and it seems like it would be a little bad if the IAB werent being controlled...right?

then i came across the p72 which retains IABs and EGR, but isnt it a vtec ecu?

Comment

I have a p39 That I would sell you, it does me no good sitting here no that I have a p06 and crome to tune with.
                            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
                              ok so i was looking around for a p06 and i learned that it lacks IAB control. is this that bad of an issue? ill be using one of the blaktrax spacers stacked with my oem IAB spacer and it seems like it would be a little bad if the IAB werent being controlled...right?

then i came across the p72 which retains IABs and EGR, but isnt it a vtec ecu?
                              yes thats a p72 is a gsr ecu.
                              I stiil learning about chipped ecus and stuff like that but Ive read that you cannot run vtec ECUs on a non-vtec motor.
                              www.PreludePower.com
                              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Working...
                              X