Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** TIPS ON DYNO TUNING & STREET TUNING **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about the gear ratio...

Be careful with the torque though! The stock axles aren't the strongest things in the world. You could probably make hybrid axles from Prelude parts that would be stronger.

Comment

I'm saving up for the gator axles...as long as i don't drop the clutch from dead stop i'm fine. Its the inertia that keeps snapping them from a stop
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

That's true. It must kill the clutch holding back all that torque though...

Man, I can't wait to see what you can do! I'll be coming to you for help boosting my hatchie for sure And Carlos of course... he has a vested interest in that thing! (I'm gonna tough it out and see what I can do with it)

Comment

Looking good man. Considering your car doesn't really have much done besides the turbo those are good numbers right there. I'm sure you will still get a lot more out of it, and I wouldn't expect any less from you

Comment

Thats at the flywheel or wheel. The sheets say flywheel. Pretty impressive regardless.

Comment

thats wheel hp...to test the flywheel you have to drop the tranny.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                my iab's are wide the freak open too i can't believe it just starts with that much torque. Next will be dyno TUNING...i'll test alot of things and definately run the car with the iab's closed to see how it affects the motor.

And is it just me or did they set my gear ratio off??? I swear its not a 3.970 ratio
                I assume you still have the F22 trans. here are gear ratios, 3.970 is nothing...weird:

USDM F22
                3.307 1
                1.809 2
                1.230 3
                .903 4
                .705 5
                4.062 final

Also, are them numbers really wheel horsepower? Could they be corrected flywheel numbers based off wheel numbers? Just want to make sure.....good luck on dialing in your motor.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

actually its hub power, i stand corrected. There was an STI that had run earlier in the day and put down 265hp..and he had some bolt-ons. The STI is rated at 300hp out the box so its hub power. I chose the dynapack because it doesn't rely on friction to make its measurements and can detect detonation better than a conventional chassis dyno

And i tried asking the techs which gear ratio they wanted but they never answered. Then when i asked them if the 3.970 was supposed to be the final drive number but again they didn't answer. I knew it was a 4.0 somethin. I'll run it by them next time. The dynapack calculated the final drive by itself. Can the lightened flywheel change the ratio at all?
                  Last edited by MRX; 12-28-2004, 08:27 AM.

Comment

A lightened flywheel will reduce the rotational mass, which will allow you to spin the engine up more freely, but your gear ratio will remain unchanged unless you change the final drive ratio and/or the transaxle gear ratios.

Speaking of which, has anyone confirmed that our F22 final drive ratio are swappable with the H23 and/or H22's? Also, are any of these trans gears swappable?
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-28-2004, 03:46 PM.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

According to Fizzbob7, the H22 and F22 final drive are not interchangable. I was hoping to make a hybrid tranny using F22 parts myself! Better gas mileage while cruising in 5th gear would be wonderful, and I don't need that gear to race!

Fizz is the only one who offered anything on that question though. While he usually does know what he's talking about, there is a possibility that he's wrong... In this case I'm hoping so!

Comment

dear god do i hope he's wrong too lol. Cause 3rd gear is TOO FRIGGIN' LONG!!! I've always felt like i was going backwards when i hit 3rd . I hope to offset it with my new flywheel, regardless...this is certainly one of those times i wish i had a civic or integra engine. But then again...if bisi can adapt a d-series tranny to an f22 block then why can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          I'm saving up for the gator axles...as long as i don't drop the clutch from dead stop i'm fine. Its the inertia that keeps snapping them from a stop
                          So you're saying if you do a 3k launch from a stop, you'll brake the axles? I thought the accord axles were stronger then that, if not, I need to get some new ones, cause I will be doing 3k launches.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

3-4K rpm drop and an axle will snap on me yup

Comment

Don't forget, MRX is making a hell of a lot more torque than most... more than me, for sure!

Comment

This sticky needs more activity. We need another good topic of discussion in here. We've covered fuel, cam gears, and etc. but i don't think too many ppl are keen on ignition timing so i'm thinking we should start talking about that now. Somebody start off with a question...

Comment

Working...
                                X