Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** TIPS ON DYNO TUNING & STREET TUNING **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question:

What kind of methods did you use to tune your map to a good AFR for all gears?

Since the RPM's and VAC would be the same in each different gear, and the load of the engine changes, is there a way to read the Engine Load Detector sensor to do some on the fly manipulations to the fuel tables? or somehow get it to compensate for the change in engine load?
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

theres a gear adjustable setting in most of the programs. Most have a number corresponding to the gear and raising or lowering that number directly effects the a/f ratio in that specific gear.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Another stupid question that I can't seem to figure out with my research.

How do you go about setting up data logging? I'm aware that I need to purchase a wideband O2 sensor to read in the AFR's, but as far as getting that data to the laptop I'm not exactly sure.

I've read up on how to make a P28 output datalogging info using USB, though I'm not sure how correct I am. Is this how you did it? If not, what would be your recommendations on getting the info to the laptop for data logging.

Direct Link:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...474#post384474
        Originally posted by TheTempest
        Well, I did some research, so for those behind me...I belive this is the answer to my question. If someone more knowledgable than I could confirm this, that'd be great!

Basic info:
        http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/DataLogging

Specific answer on ODB1 ECU's:
        http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/OBD1CN2

Now, as far as USB cables go, I got this pic from DutchAccord doing his motor buildup project, so I believe this is correct:

Solder Point on ECU = Wire From USB
        ----------------------------------------
        1 (GRN) = BROWN
        2 (Data PC-> ECU) = ORG or TAN
        4 (Data ECU-> PC) = RED or PINK
        Thanks!

Comment

^^^^ thats a hardware question, not tuning related^^^^

please search around www.ecucontrol.com to assist you in find your answer tho

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            theres a gear adjustable setting in most of the programs. Most have a number corresponding to the gear and raising or lowering that number directly effects the a/f ratio in that specific gear.

Actually right now uberdatas gear correction file, effects timing. which in term affects the af's for each gear according to a value but no one right now that i have read of is 100% sure as to what the values of the numbers = as far as how much timing it removes or adds. still in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
              Actually right now uberdatas gear correction file, effects timing. which in term affects the af's for each gear according to a value but no one right now that i have read of is 100% sure as to what the values of the numbers = as far as how much timing it removes or adds. still in the works.
              but the timing isn't what needs to be changed based on gear loads...can you find your source for that statement?

Comment

http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/inde...;threadid=3772

there is more on pgmfi's forums under the OBD1 section under the file "gear corection: what a f***ing mess!"

This is what i have read and it scared me from playing with the file until someone finds out what the values indicate for how much timing it changes.

Comment

well i'll be damned!...i read and was told it had to do with the a/f ratios in different gears. I just got the ostrich in so i'll give it a try and see what i can find out tho.

Comment

Here's my question related to gear AFR. How does the STOCK fuel map do it? I mean, there must be some setting to control (by engine load I would assume) how much gas to give the engine to keep the AFR at around 12. Am I right? Or am I way left field?

Comment

Well besides the fact that the stock engine is pretty rich.. in the sense of full throttle settings.. u must remember there is a margin that the stock ecu can play with.. the stock ecu isnt tuning for a solid afr (like we are)... the ecu does its job just fine.. it also plays with timing (throughout partial throttle) (open loop) ... when in closed loop theres just a set parameter.. so it really isnt constantly adjusting..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        well i'll be damned!...i read and was told it had to do with the a/f ratios in different gears. I just got the ostrich in so i'll give it a try and see what i can find out tho.
                        i know what u mean. i thought it chaged fuel only to and read the same as u, i even startted to play around with it / until i read a few days later that it said on the forums it changed timing, then i stoped plying with it.

wow u got a ostrich! tell me what u find out for the gear ratios! good luk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                          Here's my question related to gear AFR. How does the STOCK fuel map do it? I mean, there must be some setting to control (by engine load I would assume) how much gas to give the engine to keep the AFR at around 12. Am I right? Or am I way left field?
                          to further elaborate on wikked's post. The stock ecu from what i've recorded does a good job of keepin the a/f in a straight line but each gear resulted in richer readings. 1st gear was like 12.8's and each gear made the a/f go down about .2 so in a 4th gear pull i was recording 12.2's.

Comment

Intresting. So by tuning the maps a little more lean, you can save gas, and get better WHP. Intresting. While I'm on the topic here, I've been looking all over for the magic button in UberData that makes the ECU "datalog". Because from what I've read, the stock ECU chip wont datalog to CR2 =( Anyways, I've been through every menu in Uberdata, so any help finding out how to do that would be great!

Thanks

Comment

theres no magic button but you do have to set the COM port. CN2 is what you mean tho. You can save gas by itself it doesn't have to necessarily be hand in hand with leaning out the WOT section.

Comment

So I have a new question.

How do you tune ignition? I'm soo scared of my engine getting screwed by this EPROM someone wrote for me...so I'd like to correct it back to what it should be. It's an N/A JDM H22a stock all, i.h.e...etc. Any recomendations on how to tune this setup for igntion?

Also, one more Hardware question if I may, do I have to solder some Jumper on the P28 to get it to datalog to ECUControl or Uberdata if I just add a serial connector to CN2 like this:
                                http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/inde...;threadid=3321

Thanks so much.

edit:
                                also, to be safe...can you just roll the dizzy retarted to be on the safe side? Will that work? Also, would that cause any ill consequences?

Comment

Working...
                                X