Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22a6 vs H23 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 vs H23 intake manifold

debating on which to use. Of course the a6 manifold has an advantage because we already have it, but the h23 manifold has larger ports, and a bigger TB.

just looking for more information on the swap....btw this is going on our spare f22a1 head....after the swap we will have a complete a6 head/IM and Exhaust mani up for grabs....it will definitely be a while tho....probably late spring.

ps...i just saw an h23 mani go for 31 bux on ebay....had TB, fuel rail and everything
    H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

h23 plenum with tb for bore and overall volume then A6 runners because they are shorter and better suited for top end.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

A6 runners are shorter? Interesting...I have both of these units and now you're making me sorta curious on that statement.

Midnite, did you physically measure them both yourself?

I agree that the H23 plenum is better and the TB is larger than the A6 by 2mm. I just went with the H23 runners as well. I have a side by side pic.

The ports where the runners meet the cylinder head on both should be pretty much the same because they both share the same intake manifold gaskets.
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-30-2004, 09:27 PM.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Intake Manifold comparison..

F22a6 on left.
        H23a1 on right.
        Attached Files

Comment

it was something i read a while ago. The article said something about the a6 runners being better designed because of the shorter runners. Which could have meant smaller diameter. If u can take off both plenums hondafan81, compare the geometry and design of the inside of the runners where the iab's are. I believe thats where the differences were
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I know both IAB plates are the same. Therefore, it would not make much sense that the ports in the plenum leading to the IAB plate would be much of a difference. However, the runners themselves may have slightly different design, but in the end they lead to the same intake manifold gasket, so they result in the same geometry by the end. The theory of A6 having shorter runners could still be true however. I'll go measure tonight, see for any visual differences. I'm not gonna spend forever on this, been working on our 91 SE and I'm just burnt.

Comment

Side by Side...

F22a6 on left.
              H23a1 on right.
              Attached Files

Comment

F22a6 runners...

Runner ports to cyl head are 2 inches wide @ widest point. This shares same IAB plate as the H23a1. Runner length approximately 12" long (measured from the outside of the bottom side of runners w/tape measure...IAB flange to cyl head flange).
                Attached Files
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-30-2004, 10:21 PM.

Comment

H23a1 runners...

Runner ports to cyl head are 2 inches wide @ widest point. This shares same IAB plate as the F22a6. Runner length approximately 12.5" long (measured from the outside of the bottom side of runners w/tape measure...IAB flange to cyl head flange).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-30-2004, 10:22 PM.

Comment

So it seems the H23a1 has approximately 0.5" longer runners than the F22a6, the plenums are different in design, the IAB plates are the same, the runner ports-to-cyl head are same, the TBs are different w/H23 having 2mm larger bore, they both share the same intake manifold gaskets....what else is there left to note?

Comment

and they both share the same intake mani gasket..
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I said that holmes, read above your post

Comment

my bad son, i just wanted to slip it in there, because their has been alot of misconception that the h23 runners dont work on the f22s. but they do!
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

so im guessing since the f22a6 IM has shorter runners? which makes it better?
                            and since the h23 plenum and the tb is bigger...i guess an f22a6 im with h23 plenum and tb would make the best setup?
                            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

the h23 i found has a individual runners from the plenum down, as for the f22a6 only past the butterflies...they are all still on the same channel.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X