Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

deleting charcoal canister and vacuum box, how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting charcoal canister and vacuum box, how?

im doing a full wire tuck/engine bay shave and i REALLY want to get rid of the charcoal canister and vacuum box. is there any way to do either one of these, whether it is replacing them with something better looking or just getting rid of them entirely? i am positive there is a way to do it because i have seen civics without them, but...

can anyone help? there isnt really anyting forward of the doors on my car right now so i cant just look at it and work it out.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Open up the "vacuum box" and remove the map sensor from it. That's the only thing you need from there.

Remove everything else and throw it away. Nothing needs to be plugged/spliced. Just be sure that all vacuum fittings on the manifold are plugged with something.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

what do i do with the map sensor?

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

plug it in, except out of the box. it will connect to one of those 3 pin connectors(can't mix em up) that went to the black vacuum box. then connect it to vacuum.

Comment

For the charcoal canister I'm just disconnecting everything. Re-routing the fuel breather back under the car instead of the engine bay.

I'll probably be putting the map sensor back behind the firewall too. Run the vac hose through.

Sorry to hijack. I'll start a new thread if you like but its along similar lines. What does the solonoid do that has a vac line going to the fuel rail (h22a) and can it be deleted?
          Last edited by Cam; 06-05-2009, 03:18 AM.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
            For the charcoal canister I'm just disconnecting everything. Re-routing the fuel breather back under the car instead of the engine bay.

I'll probably be putting the map sensor back behind the firewall too. Run the vac hose through.
            thanks, but what is the fuel breather, the flexible line that runs along side the fuel line?

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            plug it in, except out of the box. it will connect to one of those 3 pin connectors(can't mix em up) that went to the black vacuum box. then connect it to vacuum.
            thanks man, that helps out a lot. now to grind off the mounging tabs for a smooth firewall!

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              thanks, but what is the fuel breather, the flexible line that runs along side the fuel line?
              Yup, that's the one!

Comment

will any of this efect your performance?
                My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

I'm sure someone could get really technical w/ this, but this is mainly for stripping unwanted stuff out of the engine bay. Plus, if lets say you have a chipped ecu, then all the EGR components can be removed.

Comment

would unplugging the other sensors from the box make the check light come on
                    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      would unplugging the other sensors from the box make the check light come on
                      not if you have a chipped and tuned ecu

Comment

ok i opened up the vacuum box and there is a ton of shit in there that i have no clue what it is? which piece do i need to keep? i'm thinking about drilling a hole off the back of the IM and attaching the sensor directly to it and out of sight so i dont have another random line and wire loom in my engine bay.

Comment

the only one really good with this kinda of stuff is oscar (PR cb7) but i think he's still banned...ill get back to you on that
                          OLD

Comment

lol, don't trust that retard. He'll start telling you to remove tons of shit and before you know it you'll end up needing it. Just ask Richie.

Anyways, the only thing you need from that vacuum box is your map sensor. It's the one thing that has hose coming out of it(splits into 2 immideately).

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              lol, don't trust that retard. He'll start telling you to remove tons of shit and before you know it you'll end up needing it. Just ask Richie.
                              Hahaha, its true.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X