Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

120 top out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120 top out?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
    Last week was on the freeway trying to catch up to my freinds, lol, I know. When my speedometer hit 120 it made some noise, im pretty sure you guys know what im referring to, and it dropped. Do our cars not hit 130 like the speedometer indicates?
    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
    James 4:7
    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

fuck i wish my cb would make it over a 100mph lol

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
      huh? yours doesnt go over 100? how come?

Comment

As far as I know, the pt6 ecu in the f22a6 has no speed limiter...at least I haven't hit it and I've been over 120.

My old ecu, a pt3, had a speed limiter at 112 if I remember right. This is on an automatic. The manual pt3 tops at like 115 or something a little higher I believe...so hitting 120 and that happening, probably just the speed limiter. Were you going downhill?
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
          Its that damn SE. That thing probably is close to 3000 lbs.

Comment

my old 4dr lx cut out at 120 which was alright for me considering it was bone stock

Comment

As said by mndude07- the pt3 was governed. That is why it wouldn't let you go any faster.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                that and it has about 230xxx miles, and wasnt take care of

Comment

my old coupe would top out at 112 cause the govenor which sucked cause you can tell the car wants to go faster but its unable to.

Comment

Nope wasnt going down hill, was on a straightaway. So alls i needs is a pt6 ecu? and that comes off of a 93ex?

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                      Nope wasnt going down hill, was on a straightaway. So alls i needs is a pt6 ecu? and that comes off of a 93ex?
                      It comes off any cb7 with a f22a6 in it

Comment

Cool thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          hey! my se burns out and tops off at like 120 bone stock

Comment

next time im some where were i can cut her loose ill see what i can get out of her

Comment

wooowwww slowdown there cowboy! lmao.... shit my car taps out at 75-80 then my whole car becomes a vibrator hahahahaha...oh well im getting a 240 soon slap an auto ecu on the trick..and no speed governor and rev limiter son! it can tap out at 135 in 4th gear!

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
                              Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

Working...
                              X