Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

?`s that need some answering, maybe a repost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?`s that need some answering, maybe a repost...

i need the steps (maybe a sticky of some kind) for installing a regrind cam, removing the power steering, and also for removing Air conditioning.... these 3 things are what im trying to do in a couple of days... and i am new to tuning accords, (i used to work on/ tune my turbo civic) and i have never done these before..... thnX in advance

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Your best bet, is to follow the Haynes manual....

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
      Your best bet, is to follow the Haynes manual....
      Damn good advice...

The only tip I would add though: Use some whiteout to mark both the t-belt and cam gear before you remove anything... that way you can just slide everything back on the way it was when you are done...
      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

When torquing down the cam holders make sure you seat it as flush as possible and torque the bolts in the torque sequence specified and evenly. Lube the camshaft before torquing any fasteners down. All this should be specified in the Haynes manual, if you have no torque specs, etc.... PM me, I have a Helms and will look them up for you aight.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

thnx..... i was wondering... i needed that info. thnx again.....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Oh and take careful note: ft/inches are VERY different than ft/lbs...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Working...
            X