Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

New Cat...Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LX Rida
    dont get a megan...get a carsound or random tech.

carsound is a great cat., good company as well, i believe they are affiliates of magnaflow if i'm not mistaken. Found mine on eghey for 40.00
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
      carsound is a great cat., good company as well, i believe they are affiliates of magnaflow if i'm not mistaken. Found mine on eghey for 40.00
      Good, thats what I like to hear...yea I also noticed when I looked at the magnaflow site it redirected me to the carsound site, so Im guessing carsound makes magnaflows cats. Good deal too.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
        Also, above when I was speaking of "high flow cats" I thought you guys meant the eBay style that is straight-through. I've never dealt with cats, so I wouldn't know much about them... I decided to go the cheaper route of installing a baffled resonator.
        So WeDge, you are using a resonator (test pipe) instead of a true high flow cat right?

I'm looking to get the raspiness out of my exhaust as well and was considering getting a Carsound Cat. But after reading your posts I suppose using a baffled resonator is also another good, and maybe cheaper option. I'm also aware of the fact that yours was completely custom and we may not get the same results on a manufactured exhaust system. Anyone have any ideas on what would offer better performance?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
          So WeDge, you are using a resonator (test pipe) instead of a true high flow cat right?

I'm looking to get the raspiness out of my exhaust as well and was considering getting a Carsound Cat. But after reading your posts I suppose using a baffled resonator is also another good, and maybe cheaper option. I'm also aware of the fact that yours was completely custom and we may not get the same results on a manufactured exhaust system. Anyone have any ideas on what would offer better performance?
          Nope, no cat nor test pipe. I'm using a baffled resonator...it's not a straight-through design.

I don't see why you wouldn't see the same results as me if you were to add a baffled resonator to "cure" the raspiness.

Comment

How long is your baffled resonator? Can it fit where the cat is? Does it hurt performence?

Comment

PM me for that info, I'd rather not thread jack more than I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                PM me for that info, I'd rather not thread jack more than I already have.
                No harm done...as long as its helpful info why not post it so everyone can learn.

Jay

Comment

ok, one last time now. a resonator can either be perforated or louvered. when you add a baffle into the mix such as in your diagram... it is whats now known as a muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    ok, one last time now. a resonator can either be perforated or louvered. when you add a baffle into the mix such as in your diagram... it is whats now known as a muffler.
                    The muffler shop said it is a resonator, so that's what I call it...still looks like a "resonator" on the outside. Semantics...

Comment

good job on getting the magnaflow ive hurd great things about them cats. the random tech ive hurd some bad things about such as them breaking apart and premature failure a few weeks after install now i have niether of them so this is just stuff that ive hurd. i really dont think they make that much of difference a stock cat is fine it flows enough for me
                      cb7 sold
                      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

...well got the new cat installed today, and Im really happy with it. It does all of my wants, meets CARB standards and it got ride of about 95% of the raspy sound that I hated.

<-4/5 rating

Jay

Comment

Working...
                        X