Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What SOHC heads came with roller rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What SOHC heads came with roller rockers

Just curious to see what other SOHC heads came with roller rockers from the factory. I recently took the valve cover off my f23a4 vtec and discovered its roller! kinda surprised me.

heres some pics
    Last edited by 93_accord_lx; 10-29-2009, 04:59 PM.

I know the USDM F22ax, USDM F22bx do NOT have rollers.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Do you have photos of this finding? Interesting to note, but then you have the cylinder head design to take into account.

I've done a F23ax VTEC timing belt job on a 2002 Accord LX auto sedan, didn't bother taking a look at the valvetrain in detail. I just got the job done, sort of speak, for my bro-in-law.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

EV1 1.3ltr SOHC 8 valve civic engine

Comment

Yes the angles are different, but it is not a horrid design like the f22b, It has potential with the right porting facility. I wonder if the Bisi spacers made for the f22ax will work on this head, hmm.

Comment

I'm a huge F22A fan, but that is a plus w/ the F23 head, did not know that!

Comment

Working...
            X