Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Where to start to get more power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start to get more power?

OK. Im wanting to get more power out of my 90 F22a1. Not looking to do anything to the inside of the engine for a while and not looking to go forced induction. Yet. Going to get a K&N air filter and do away with the air filter box first. Where should I go next. Engine is bone stock right now. Bolted to a 5 speed tranny.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

This is what you want, 30HP for under $500
    Straight swapping parts off the A4/A6 engines, into your A1
    Built & Boosted.

Comment

Web camshaft
      delta camshaft
      bisimoto camshaft

Port and polished head
      H23 intake manifold
      bisimoto header
      magnaflow cat catback

Thats a good start....

Comment

If your lower spark plug tube seals are leaking, then you are putting in a camshaft A good camshaft is VERY beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          If your lower spark plug tube seals are leaking, then you are putting in a camshaft A good camshaft is VERY beneficial.
          What do you mean if the lower seals are leaking I'm putting in a cam shaft?
          LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

real talk

i know when i started out making hp in my cb i went ahead and gave it a true tuneup you cant go wrong there cheap and easy ..
            " its just a single cam "

Comment

the first steps on making extra HP, is simple. header, exhaust and intake. after these bolt-ons, it now gets serious

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

REAL talk

In his case i would love to know how much money he"s got to invest then from there he can go and hookup his cb the way he dream of it being. just the fact of him being here in this website he"s going to find some great deals and great friends to help him out.
                " its just a single cam "

Comment

93layback $$$ is almost non existent for this. It will be done almost exclusively with used parts. I have a 90 EX with an A4 in it I can switch parts from it to my 90 DX. Will the manifold from my A1 and the header from the A4 swap without additional work or will I have to work on the pipes?
                  Last edited by ironhead; 11-27-2009, 01:08 AM.
                  LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

Th most cost effective way to make power is with a Bisimoto Heat Shield Intake Gasket. We have documented gains of 3% horsepower increase. The price for this Heat Shield is $48. Not to mention it is reusable.
                    Bisimoto Engineering
                    1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                    2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                    3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

First figure out how much you want to spend, and what your goal with the car is. You don't want to end up spending $800, then realizing the car is still slow.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X