Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Some block off plate questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some block off plate questions

I've searched and came up with very little on block off plates. What all can I block off and not throw a CEL? What gains/differences would I be looking at? Is it worth the trouble? Thanks in advance.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Anyone?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
      Blocking off the EGR will likely produce a smoother running engine, especially at lower rpm's and may increase your fuel mileage. However, it will also very likely cause you to fail emissions testing if your state requires that (Mine doesn't)

Blocking off the FITV will keep the engine from warming up as quickly in very cold weather. (If you live at Michigan latitude or more North, you may want to keep it)

Blocking off the Air Boost Valve will do nothing negative to my knowledge. It will very slightly increase throttle response from my experience. It's another one of those things there for extremely cold weather but even then I don't know that it really makes a big difference.

Blocking off the IAC will make the idle rpm completely dependent on where the set screw on the throttle plate is set at. It will increase throttle response but may cause erratic idle issues. If you use A/C, it will cause a really rough idle with the A/C on unless you have it set to idle around 1,100 with the throttle plate stop screw.

These are all mainly blocked off for the reason of eliminating possible vacuum leaks, idle issues, and engine clutter, and also increasing throttle response. Unless you are going full race or hardcore street/strip, I suggest keeping the IAC for everyday driveability. The Air Boost Valve, FITV, and EGR can all be deleted with little effect on driveability as long as you don't live in a really cold climate.

You'll want to check out Custom Billet Works website (page 7&8) to source some really high quality, professional plates.

Take note that the FITV plate above is for the h22/h23 and will not fit the f22 intake......search FS threads by member "frootloops" and see if he's selling any f22 fitv plates yet.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Good stuff! Im definitely going to delete a few things under-hood!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Another thing about the EGR, if you are running an accord or prelude ecu, keep the valve connected to the engine harness and to vacuum. If you happen to have a chipped civic or integra ecu, the valve can be removed completely as well as the black emissions box minus the map sensor.

I highly recommend blocking the EGR especially if the service ports are clogged, night and day difference w/ light throttle acceleration @ 1800 ish where the EGR is active.

Comment

anyone know if the H22/H23 EGR block off plate fits the F22?

Comment

^Yes, stud pattern is all the same. Not a huge deal, but there's 2 different casting shapes, the superman logo/diamond shape found on the F22A for example and the 4 leaf clover shape found on the H23 and H22 for example. I'm sure you'll see 2 diff. types on eBay but they are all interchangeable.

Comment

You can also order an EGR delete plate from Honda for about $8, they came factory on 06+ Civic Si's

Part # 18711-PM1-J00
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

the skunk 2 intake manifold deletes the egr all together

click to see my ride
                  click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

my jdm h22 IM had an air boost valve block off plate that looked oem..fit right on my a6 IM without any modifications..no CEL either

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                    Originally posted by bmxicansd
                    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      ^Yes, stud pattern is all the same. Not a huge deal, but there's 2 different casting shapes, the superman logo/diamond shape found on the F22A for example and the 4 leaf clover shape found on the H23 and H22 for example. I'm sure you'll see 2 diff. types on eBay but they are all interchangeable.
                      After comparing a h23 and f22 fitv I'm pretty sure the h23 plate will not work on the f22.

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                      my jdm h22 IM had an air boost valve block off plate that looked oem..fit right on my a6 IM without any modifications..no CEL either
                      Yeah but I've had no luck searching for that part, pretty certain they aren't made anymore, at least as individual parts.
                      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

^
                        Originally posted by trouty View Post
                        anyone know if the H22/H23 EGR block off plate fits the F22?
                        We were talking EGR, but you're right, F22 FITV is much diff. from H series.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                          ^

We were talking EGR, but you're right, F22 FITV is much diff. from H series.
                          Sorry, I don't know why I read "fitv" instead of "egr". Yeah egr plate is the same for most honda engines.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X