Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 piston in F20A motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 piston in F20A motor

Do you think it can be done guys? I got a set of 11.1 cr pistons that have problems with each piston. but im gonna get them fixed hopefully. Id like some more power out of the f20a motor without doing alot of work
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

um i would say no considering that the F22 is a 2.2 ltr and the F20 is a 2.0ltr there for the f22 pistons are actually to big..also if the pistons have problems then you should of stayed away from them wether they can be fixed or not because they are defective they are rubbish

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

If you don't know what you are talking about then you shouldn't comment. Stroking is done by the crank.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

They should fit. The F20 has a shorter stroke than the f22. Just compare the pistons side to side. You will also have to plastigauge for valve clearance.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

thanks wed3k. the stoke is the different but pistons are both 85mm. just nobody knows the compression height. so im gonna find my brothers f22b1 pistons and measure them. hopefully they work!
          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

i wouldn't use those pistons... got rid of them for a reason. there's no fixing forged pistons man. the one that is messed up completely ate my my cylinder #4's wall. the rest i'd say ok, but not that one. unless you somehow buy one replacement and re-ring 'em all...

they're 85.5mm bore btw... gL

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

ill give it a shot to try to fix them. if it doesnt work ohh well.
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
              X