Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

AEM or Injen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM or Injen

Who makes better cold air intakes?

this is a easy one. for 2 reasons:

1)i hate AEM intakes b/c of the look.

2)Injen looks better under the hood.

Injen makes the intakes. im not just sayin that b/c its a BIAS opinion but i read a tech artical on it once. AEM doesnt make good intakes unless u dont plan on doin ne more engine work 2 ur car b/c the intake is made of some type a metal that bends to easily, espescialy when ur doin mods that REQUIRE you 2 take off the intake. and on Injen's dyno charts the've been know 2 produce NO LESS THAN 10hp.

the best thing i would use AEM for is adjustible cam gears or somethin. but never the intake.

yeah every 1 says that it comes in 3 different colors but we aint tryin 2 play skiddles under the hood. but every1 up here may say different but i know from experence that Injen will yield u better power gains.

Comment

get the $20 one from egay, then get which ever sticker you want and put it one it. they're all the same.

Comment

drop in panel for me soon as soon as i sell my SR AEM.
        hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
          get the $20 one from egay, then get which ever sticker you want and put it one it. they're all the same.
          haha, thats funny. but remember, u do get what u pay for. although with intakes i can see where boostd is coming from. personally, i've been looking at Injen for sometime A)dyno charts B)they are some of the cleanest looking intakes.

also, u could do what i did and save some money and do a ghetto DIY short ram...search for that and check it out...

Comment

egay

but i got a AEM...cold air from a 01 integra..lol..it was a freebie modded it.."felt/ran" better than my egay cold air...so i ono...does name matter? i would understand if it was a HKS mushroom style..anyways thats my input...

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

ya if i had an RSX, or osmethign injen, but i gots a cb7s. so anything..
              hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by spdACCORDingly
                haha, thats funny. but remember, u do get what u pay for. although with intakes i can see where boostd is coming from. personally, i've been looking at Injen for sometime A)dyno charts B)they are some of the cleanest looking intakes.

also, u could do what i did and save some money and do a ghetto DIY short ram...search for that and check it out...
                An intake is an intake. only diffrence is the filter elemnt. Egay intake is fine
                FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

I would get a direct link for someone who has bought one and likes it off ebay. My brother got one for his 90 laser and he had to mod it. Find a seller who has sold to someone before. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                    I would get a direct link for someone who has bought one and likes it off ebay. My brother got one for his 90 laser and he had to mod it. Find a seller who has sold to someone before. Good Luck!
                    i got the one i had in my car on egay. from prostreetparts or some shit. they're all the same. aluminum pipe with a filter on the end.

fuck it, go boost. it pwns intakes anyway.

Comment

its true an intake is an intake, only difference is the filter guys. the only gain you will feel between an ebay or brand name intake really is a physchological difference

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i rock an egay intake on my h22....so does cpmike, excalibur02, and i know aero has the same intake as me so him too....i cant complain. wuts every1 else think?
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i have an aem cold air intake...and now that i look back it was a waste of money, cause i could have just modded an egay intake or something....oh well..i have it now...good luck
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Wow, you guys are making it really hard for me to sell me AEM CAI!
                            -Jay

Comment

waht's the max gain??? do they improve MPG?? im thinking of selling my aem and just the k&N drop in.
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X