Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto header fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto header fitment

Currently having issues with it leaking terribly at the slip joints which my only guess is maybe it's not ALLLL the way in

I was wondering if anyone has the bracket that holds the downpipe to the back of the block mounted/bolted... Mine's got about a good 1/2" if not a hair more to go before it reaches the mounting locations on the block properly... Thus the reason i feel it might not be all the way in

Any input appreciated. Thnx!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

This would be the 4th or 5th post regarding leaking slip joints. Not sure if anyone has come up with a solution yet or not. If you search you might be able to find those other threads. There was one posted not too long ago.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Found this in another leaking header thread I had posted in.

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
      Hello Cb_JoeyG
      Slip joints may experience a slight leak but should not be much at all. We do test our headers but if you are experiencing a un-normal amount of leak we do stand behind our headers and ask if you can send it back for us to properly inspect the header to see the reason why it is leaking and to repair it if there is a manufacturing defect

Give me a call at 888-922-6686 and I'll take care of you (Julio in the tech deparment)
      If you click on the arrow after Julio@Bisimoto [ ] it will take you to that thread.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-02-2011, 11:00 AM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yea i have the same issue.. My bracket isnt bolted up either and im thinkin mine may not be entirely seated as well. Im Going to try using some extreme high temp brake parts grease as a method of lubing the pipes a bit and hope for a bit of a better seal! Mines leaking super bad its embarressing

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Found this in another leaking header thread I had posted in.

If you click on the arrow after Julio@Bisimoto [ ] it will take you to that thread.
          thnx for sharing and helping with the search!

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
          Yea i have the same issue.. My bracket isnt bolted up either and im thinkin mine may not be entirely seated as well. Im Going to try using some extreme high temp brake parts grease as a method of lubing the pipes a bit and hope for a bit of a better seal! Mines leaking super bad its embarressing
          mine is simply terrible looking/sounding. got the unbearable exhaust leak "click".

i'll have time to work on the car tomorrow if weather cooperates. i'll experiment a few things and see what solution i can come up with

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

My DP is 1/8" from the oil pan lip with an even 1/2" gap between DP and bottom of oil pan. It sounds like you may not have it seated all the way. Note that the rear bracket in stock form will not bolt up. You need to bend it and turn it so only one bolt is used on each end. Not sure why they didn't just make it so the oem rear bracket would bolt up but 5 min of time and my bracket is just fine. I've already dragged a small flat spot on the bottom of the header flange and the bracket is just fine, doing its job!

My header has pretty decent leaks on two of the primaries but I can't really hear it like I heard the leak on my dc header.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
            X