Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nitrous vs Turbo pro/con advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    ... the idea that N20 explodes when misshandled means NOS is not ideal for me.
    Nitrous oxide doesn't just explode. It can't explode without other chemicals, so you'd have to really mishandle it to blow something up. That's fast n furious lore.
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
      Nitrous oxide doesn't just explode. It can't explode without other chemicals, so you'd have to really mishandle it to blow something up. That's fast n furious lore.
      If your trying to say that a bottle cannot burst then I would say your inexperienced.

I understand that a bottle will not just burst as a norm, and generally speaking is safe to have in the car. However, put that same bottle in a car thats on fire and see what happens.

Are you implying that race-driven cars never catch fire? Again, if that is your position then I would say your inexperienced. n2o is more explosive then gas, and its already under pressure in a tank.

I just google searched "n2o explosion" and found enough vid's to prove your "n2o doesn't explode without other chemicals" arguement is wrong, and that yes you just may be inexperienced.

Results;

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid...w=1024&bih=540

Maybe its the term "blow up" that Ive used. NO I DONT THINK A BOMB TYPE EXPLOSION IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN YOUR CAR, ITS GOING TO BLOW UP, AS IN GET FUCKED UP AND NEED REPAIR. LIFTED HEAD, BLOWN GASKET, BLOWN RINGS, BURNT VALVE, ETC...

Does that spell it out well enough? Christ.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar;2864626

[url
        http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=toolbar-instant&hl=en&ion=1&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4PRFA_enU S417US418#sclient=psy&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4 PRFA_enUS417US418&site=webhp&source=hp&q=n2o%20exp losion%3F&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=739cf39a78c48 e1&ion=1&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=739cf39a7 8c48e1&ion=1&biw=1024&bih=540[/url]

Maybe its the term "blow up" that Ive used. NO I DONT THINK A BOMB TYPE EXPLOSION IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN YOUR CAR, ITS GOING TO BLOW UP, AS IN GET FUCKED UP AND NEED REPAIR. LIFTED HEAD, BLOWN GASKET, BLOWN RINGS, BURNT VALVE, ETC...

Does that spell it out well enough? Christ.

I like how you used this video for an example. It proves your point and make me laugh because it's just another reason I refuse to drive a piece of shit FORD!

Anyway, I'd choose turbo over nitrous. As long as your keeping your rpms low, you won't have to worry about as much wear on your motor for causal driving. Then just floor the shit out of it for when you wanna make the bitches wet when the turbo spools.... that's what I'd do...

Comment

Working...
        X