Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Connecting Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your spec sheet for your pistons should have the compression height. It should be on the label on the box as well. If they are off the shelf for the F22 then they would more than likely be the stock 30.55mm (1.204").
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

they most likely have arp's on them
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

finding a set thats 141.5 is gonna be tough.

which is 5.5708 inch right?

or if someone could point me in the right direction of the dimensions our stock connecting rods. like dont gonna send a like just a section or a page in the haynes manual i can look it up and read.
        Last edited by esskater892; 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

The 142mm will work. You should make sure that you clay the engine before you do the final bolt up. To make sure that you have proper clearances all around.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

sorry, but what does clay the engine mean? like i take it put some clay in betweem the head and block and make sure everything rotates smoothly and clearance is good? hold on, here is a link to the pistons ill be using.

http://www.raceeng.com/images/Produc.../IMPSR1830.jpg
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride
            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

To put it simply. Clay is placed on the piston in a few different locations. The block and head is then put together and the crank is rotated. If the crank rotates that is the first good news. Then you remove the head and measure the thickness of the clay. This is how you make sure that the piston does not hit the head and that the valves do not hit the pistons. Also to measure how much clearance you have.

Here is a good DIY to read through; http://www.c-speedr.com/howto/claymotor/clay.php

Very nice choice in pistons. However, the link goes to a picture of a generic set of Wiseco pistons. What is the Wiseco part number that you have purchased?
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

bisi got some new in, im gonna go with them, just sucks its gonna be expensive. just better assurance knowing they are coming from bisi rather than some random ebay set up.
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                  bisi got some new in, im gonna go with them, just sucks its gonna be expensive. just better assurance knowing they are coming from bisi rather than some random ebay set up.
                  its most likely an eagle rod just with his name on it.....

anyway, there are plenty of rod vendors that will perform to the caliber you WANT when you do a build:

going out and looking for the cheapest deal you can find with what could be of unknown quality is asking for trouble. You are building an engine that you are hopefully putting pride into. Buy it once, buy it right.
                  www.850fab.com
                  IG - @850Fab
                  FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                    its most likely an eagle rod just with his name on it.....

anyway, there are plenty of rod vendors that will perform to the caliber you WANT when you do a build:

going out and looking for the cheapest deal you can find with what could be of unknown quality is asking for trouble. You are building an engine that you are hopefully putting pride into. Buy it once, buy it right.
                    ya no, im defiantly going for a solid build. bisi was out of stock and so was race engineering n i honestly do not know how much longer my current engine will last, its got alot of miles on it, so i was looking for alternate options. but now that i see bisi is back in stock ill be going with them again now. just to locate some solid main bearings and connecting bearings.
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                      just to locate some solid main bearings and connecting bearings.
                      OE Honda bearings are very solid.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X