Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone have access to a flow bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have access to a flow bench?

Whats up guys.

Curious as the title states if anyone has access to a flow bench.

I want to hog out an f22b1 cylinder head and I would like to see the before and after numbers. I have a friend thats flowing over 310cfm through his intake side, over 240cfm on the exhaust side and I am interested in doing the same. He paid out the wazoo for the work, and I was going to copy his dimensions and go from there.

Every machinst in town wants to do the port work themselves and charge me a shit ton for it($1000+).

Im not really interested in that, i want to do the porting myself-Im pretty capable and willing to fail if I do so.

I paid $100 bux for the entire engine, TB to oil pan-so forking out ass tons of money for port work just seems silly.

I would consider paying for some machine work(like new guides, OS valves) if that was a deal breaker to anyone that was interested in helping me. Ill probably want to ship it back and forth 2-3 times. Looking for initial results with porting on stock valves, after OS valves, and after final P&P.

Im open to ideas, I just need to find someone with a flow bench and reasonable rates. Looking for a 3 week to a 1 month turn around time in between each step. Will pay for shipping to and from.

A "buddy deal" would of course be ideal, but Im not looking to get over on anyone. I understand time is money. Im running into the same attitude that a mechanic gives when you bring him the parts and just want to pay for labor though.

I want to do the work myself, and the machinsts around town are douche canoes about helping a fella out with using their nifty toys.

Any takers/suggestions?
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.
Working...
X