Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

prop valve question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prop valve question

Hi. Installed bigger front rotors from prelude 2,2 and soon will install rotors on the back. You guys recommend 40-40 prop valve from Integra, but in Poland it will be hard to find. So I'm going to buy prop valve from cb9 (wagon). It also has bigger rotors front (like prelude) and rotors on the back. So I suppose it will be fine. But my question is what adventages integra valve has in comparision to cb9 that you guys recomend it ?

You'll be fine with a wagon prop valve. Don't worry about it!
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I think it's pretty neat that you have access to a wagon with 4 wheel disk brakes + non ABS, here in the states any CB/CD/most other hondas that have 4 wheel disk brakes would automatically be ABS equipped. Some, not all, non ABS 90-01 Integras had disk brakes in the rear which broke that rule. I guess just make extra sure the wagon does not have ABS and be sure to post up what #'s are stamped into the valve (4040, 4030 etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        I think it's pretty neat that you have access to a wagon with 4 wheel disk brakes + non ABS, here in the states any CB/CD/most other hondas that have 4 wheel disk brakes would automatically be ABS equipped. Some, not all, non ABS 90-01 Integras had disk brakes in the rear which broke that rule. I guess just make extra sure the wagon does not have ABS and be sure to post up what #'s are stamped into the valve (4040, 4030 etc)
        That is a bit peculiar. I had made the assumption, based on the question, that ABS was not present.

Comment

Didn't realize that all wagons with 4 rotors are eqipped with abs. But they still have separate prop valve, aren't they? Maybe I can use prelude one . Preludes are common here.

Comment

With ABS there is no need for a prop valve. Prop valve is used to balance the brakes to maximize brake force. With ABS braking is given to all 4 corners and when one slips the computer intervenes. In our car the connection under the master cylinder looks like a prop valve, but there isn't any actual valving.

Comment

Oh, good point, you are right. I think with abs proper breaking balance between front and back is also important but this job do abs pump

Comment

If you can find a DA prop that would be good. If not the next best prop is from a 3rd Gen prelude non abs. There prop valves are 35/25. Not exactly sure can't remember. It would be better then our standard cb prop valve.

Comment

Working...
                X