Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBL
    you will pass with the pt6 and stock injectors for sure. I promise..
    I passed 2 days ago
    doing this
    I pulled my 450's and my po6 out and put in my sohc ecu and stock injectors and had no problem.
    if that doesn't work autozone sells a fuel additive that guarantees that you pass emissions try that
    Speed kills - save a life - drive a VW (i did and it saved me )

Comment

Originally posted by Atlastacb7
      if that doesn't work autozone sells a fuel additive that guarantees that you pass emissions try that
      that won't work. you need like a .51-.79 HC to pass, I was running 7.9. It's the fact that my fuel map is too rich. I burnt IAM's f22b map, so I ran that today, and it ran well, but then I pulled the injectors and ecu so i can pass tomorrow.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        that won't work. you need like a .51-.79 HC to pass, I was running 7.9. It's the fact that my fuel map is too rich. I burnt IAM's f22b map, so I ran that today, and it ran well, but then I pulled the injectors and ecu so i can pass tomorrow.
        were you boosting at all? that map is super rich if you run it N/A. im surprised it was even drivable lol

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

no, no boost. yeah, I pulled both IAM's map and your map up on uberdata and looked at them side by side, yours runs really rich in some parts, and leans out in others. Thats SOHC for ya. the f22b map IAM made is pretty nice, its a little rich, it doens't have that pull to it. But yeah, my exhaust tips are black if that will give you any indication of the richness.

Yeah, well then on the CO(i think) you need like 1.1-1.9 or something, I am was running 3.something. The guy was like, there is something seriously wrong with your car.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yah. that map was never really tunned above 3-4k for N/a since i dont have a wideband and im never in vacuum at those RPMs. hell it was never REALLY tunned for n/a in any portion of the map

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              yah. that map was never really tunned above 3-4k for N/a since i dont have a wideband and im never in vacuum at those RPMs. hell it was never REALLY tunned for n/a in any portion of the map
              haha, lol. I found that out. actually, its better around 4-6k, but I usually shift around 3k, so yeah, thats where its richest. my gas mileage has been sucking too lately...
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

retook emissions today and aced it. the guy was like, wtf, your car was so messed up last time it came here, and now it runs like a brand new car. also said i was the first person to do a self repair and pass
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  Another option is getting a real time programmer for like $175. That way u can just lean out or richen up whatever part of the map u need to. Not sure if they'd let u do that tho ...its nice living in no emissions land
                  use to be like that in nh as well...until recently although they only test emissions on cars 96 or newer....which doesnt make sense since most older cars have more emissions problems

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                    retook emissions today and aced it. the guy was like, wtf, your car was so messed up last time it came here, and now it runs like a brand new car. also said i was the first person to do a self repair and pass
                    sweetness!

Comment

us f22bers sould really get off are asses and create some better maps. cuase i know we all blow smoke bad

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                        us f22bers sould really get off are asses and create some better maps. cuase i know we all blow smoke bad
                        we definitely need a NA map. IAM's map is alright, but it runs really rich, you can feel it. I like the pt6 maps, except I know the timing is a little off...
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

why don't u help a brotha out and log the readings on the pt6 ecu? Then try to mimic them with the chipped ecu?
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

What's the real deal with JDM engines and Emissions?

I'm looking to replace my engine (f22a4) with a JDM engine (f22a), but I heard that it might not pass emissions.

Than I heard that if you just replace the long block (block and head) and
                            keep everything else stock (intake, exhaust, ecu, etc.) that it will pass emissions. Does anyone have any info on this?

I would like to hear from the Cali folks because Chicago emissions are just a tight.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              why don't u help a brotha out and log the readings on the pt6 ecu? Then try to mimic them with the chipped ecu?
                              basically I bought all that tuning stuff for when I turbo. But seeing as how that will be in 3 weeks, I guess I will mess around with the NA maps for now. Not this weekend though, way too busy.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

mrx, I am kinda curious. If I can tune out the a/f ratio, then the f22b runs the ls ignition, it should be near perfect, right?
                                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X