Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Dual intake runner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual intake runner question

Alright. As most of us know, the F22A6, H23, and H22 all have dual runner intakes. The top 4 are always moving, and the bottom 4 are vacuum triggered at a certain RPM. The H23's second set open at 4800 RPM. Right now, I have the option of running them on the vacuum line and waiting for them to open (works alright). Or disconnecting the line and leaving them open all the time (bad for low end power, but gives more power to 3-4k RPM range). My question is, is there a way to change the vacuum so it opens them at 3500 or 4000 RPM? From what I've read, having them open at 3000+ gives you more power (more power = good). Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Oh yeah. You could even run a constant power with a toggle switch in it, to the solonoid and trip em when ever you want to.

To anwser your question though, i have seen people use Autometer shift lights with the RPM specific "pills" to control their VTEC engagement points, so i would assume you could use that to control the IAB's too.

Comment

that would be cool...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

when does it open with a vacuum line.
        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

^^^Whenever you go WOT. I think a lot of people are running it that way, but it doesn't sound too good to me. I'm going to run mine by utilizing the charcoal canister by the battery. If you unplug it then the IAB black box plugs right in. If somebody does it before me, lemme know how well it works. Even if it's not perfect, I know it'll be better than the vacuum line setup.
          -Jay

Comment

Working...
          X