Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hp fot turbo motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp fot turbo motors

jus curious what kind of power u can accomplish with basic bolt ons and a turbo for the f22a4 and h23 motors... and before somebody flames at me for it bein covered i looked and i am inpatient so if u dont wanna give a
    constructive answer plz dont.
    icedoutaccord
    f22a4
    aem short ram
    2.5" exaust
    suspension techniques springs

h23 with t3 @8psi - 230whp
    f22a with t3/t4@10psi - 248whp
    f22a with 14b @8psi - 195whp
    f22b with 16g @10psi - 208whp
    f22a with t25 @10psi - 160whp

just search for "dyno"
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Thank you that answers my question but u could get more hp from the h23 rite??more boost
      icedoutaccord
      f22a4
      aem short ram
      2.5" exaust

Comment

Well unless the engine is perfectly sound, you probably will mess some stuff up, ringlands always first to go in stock boosted hondas, they are the weakest link! But you could always try! IMO
        Just build up the bottom end, total seal rings, bored out 1 over, maybe new sleeves, etc. Then prob boost to 12-14?

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by icedoutaccord
          Thank you that answers my question but u could get more hp from the h23 rite??more boost
          ??? no it depends on the engine and how its built.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

HEhehehe MRX is so Smart, I wish I lived by him then I could boost without so much trouble! LOL

WaC!

Comment

thanks guys for the answers without the flamin!!!
              icedoutaccord
              f22a4
              aem short ram
              2.5" exaust

Comment

u almost got some flaming on that last question lol...ur lucky KFC got my order right lol

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  h23 with t3 @8psi - 230whp
                  f22a with t3/t4@10psi - 248whp
                  f22a with 14b @8psi - 195whp
                  f22b with 16g @10psi - 208whp
                  f22a with t25 @10psi - 160whp

just search for "dyno"
                  f22b with 16g only making 208 whp? I'd be expecting a lot more then that. I would think it would be in the 230whp range.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

that was todd's and his base timing at the dizzy was way off. He said he was probably running 10-12* timing at idle. He forgot to mark TDC on his fidanza fly

Comment

oh and

f22b1 t3/t4@ 1bar - 300ish whp
                      f22a t3/t4 @15psi - 315whp
                      f22b 16g@10psi - 225ish whp
                      f22a t3@.8bar - 246whp

Comment

As a rule of thumb when calculating hp for an engine after turbo you could use this very effective method.

Let's say the engine has 130chp and you boosted it 7psi (.5 bar). 1bar will for the most part increase engine output by 100% since it is 100% atmospheric pressure. So .5 bar is a 50% increase.

So 130 +50% = 195chp.

So the H23 will have more power on 7psi for example then an F22A4 with the same boost.
                        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

whats the "c" in chp? I'm used to seeing bhp and i'm sure chp is just another variant of it. I'd suppose it means crank-end or cylinder.

I tried searching for it but all i got was the california high patrol lol. Certainly want no part of them....
                          Last edited by MRX; 07-29-2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Just my way of seperating crank/flywheel horsepower from tire/wheels horsepower.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

stock f22a4+t3/t4-60 equals 315hp of love on stock internals!!!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X