Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Opinions on setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on setup

Well, I'm upgrading some stuff come summer, but I need help deciding on what to do. I am definitely doing nuespeed suspension, along with 2.5" exhaust turbo back, no cat, 2.5" flexpipe, and 2.5" resonator with a 2.5" straight through stealth muffler. My problem is I don't know what to do next:

A)Redo intercooler setup. There are some shitty bends there right now, so complete 2.25" mandrel bent piping with a new smaller intercooler. Lastly, heat wrap all the pipes with heat wrap to cool intake charges. Basically I'll gain some hp/tq, and a lot more low end.

B) Spec 2/3 carbon kevalr clutch with a lightened oem flywheel about 16lbs. It will be able to hold all the power I can make.

So whats your guys' input?

Setup:
    1st gen dsm mani
    450cc injectors
    14b turbo
    2" downpipe
    2.5" charge pipe
    6" jrc intercooler
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

dont heat wrap the charge piping, ya, it wont let heat in, but neither will it let heat out, that is nhot advised by anyone here i think that knows a lot about turbos, not saying u dont, but since it doesn`t let heat out then it wont cool charge temps. only increase them because leaving them open would be better cause the outside temperatur is abviouslt cooler than ur intake temps or charge pipe temps anyways, so therefore not letting that air get to the chargepipes and wrapping them will make them hotter....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

despite that, i think it best to heat wrap the pipes right next to the manifold, otherwise, that thing is scorching hot.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

The setup sounds nice dont wrap the chargepipes its no good . Atleast wrap the downpipe thats a start. And have it tuned by someone who knows wtf they are doin go to a 3inch downpipe and 3 inch exhaust. You know out of all of this wat fmu are you rockin you didnt mention that and thats playin with fire if you arent .

Comment

dont feel like dealing with the 3in dp problems ive heard of. Uberdata. And I do know what I am doing, can I tune by myself now h22sparkle?
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

And what 3inch dp problems have you heard of? As for the tuning i dont know can you?

Comment

haha, yes I can tune. I've already tuned fuel out. I need to do ignition though. If you'd like, I can tell you everything I'm gonna do. As far as dp, I heard people having to notch out crossmembers or something... Not sure. I remember Kamaccord I think it was saying he had problems. I've debated the 3in setup, I though it might be overkill. Maybe I'm wrong... Enlighten me and why 3in will be so much better then 2.5"
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

well i still dont think heat wrapping is better, heat wrap retains heat, but also doesn`t let outside temp in, so therefore on a all motor car it keeps from heatsoak, so i wouldn`t reccommend it, and well, truly, u will make more horsepower with a 3in DP and full exhaust because all of the backpressure for the turbo is made in the manifold, so therefore, the faster the exhaust gets out then the better it will run with more torque and H.p.

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Youll just let the gases escape faster which lets more flow through stuff in-turn it will make you faster. Too much to break down feeling tired lol will explain later

Comment

Just also make sure that you install 2 resonators 2 so that your ride will be extra quiet less cops less bullshit.

Comment

I was gonna do 1 18in resonator, 2.5" flexpipe, no cat, and 2.5" straight through muffler. I'll see about 2 resonators. thanks
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

get a 3 muffler justincase you decide to get a 3 exhaust and downpipe it will also help spool that turbo faster your gonna need every advantage you can get

Comment

Its really freakin hard to get 2 resonators in there sparkle. I just pulled down my setup and its hard as hell to find a good spot.

Comment

I know the one spot where its pretty straight. I dunno, I guess I'm convinced enough to get the 3in exhaust and all. Im gonna go look at prices. When I get back to GA(where my car is), I'll take it to the shop and see what they can do. Thanks for the input. I know you have 3in h22sparkle, but any others with 3in??? <cough>MRX, Kamaccord<cough> and all others.
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                              I know the one spot where its pretty straight. I dunno, I guess I'm convinced enough to get the 3in exhaust and all. Im gonna go look at prices. When I get back to GA(where my car is), I'll take it to the shop and see what they can do. Thanks for the input. I know you have 3in h22sparkle, but any others with 3in??? <cough>MRX, Kamaccord<cough> and all others.
                              Yours truly has 3 inches.

Comment

Working...
                              X