Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

1g DSM headers, is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1g DSM headers, is it worth it?

Would the headers for the n/t 4G63 yield any performance gains? Has anyone tried it? I imagine they would have a bigger collector....anyone know?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Would the 4G63 header fit on an F22? I've heard things before, but never heard any confirmation of this... If it does fit, how about the turbo manifolds from the turbo models... That could save a few bucks in making a homemade turbo setup! I'm sure these manifolds could be found pretty cheap in a junkyard if you look long enough.

Comment

the exhaust ports line up directly. You just have to redrill the header mounting bolts/studs to fit our cars. and yes, people have gone with the idea of using 1G 4g63 manifolds and there are a select few that have done it. I read on it a while back on Honda society.
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Why do all this, when you can buy one made for your car, that already bolts up?
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

lol to be different.. this is more so used when concering turbo appls... i dunno if i would use it for N/A but hey who knows if it yeilds good gains

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
            lol to be different.. this is more so used when concering turbo appls... i dunno if i would use it for N/A but hey who knows if it yeilds good gains
            I imagine it would help...the n/t 4G63 makes about the same power as our cars, albeit in a totally different way. Plus I imagine if they come w/ b-pipes they'll have bigger collectors too. It would be worth the trouble of rigging up a custom catback, although I think that might not even be necessary.

There are a lot of headers for our car, but a lot of them are shit. Chikara, Pacesetter, Ractive & co....they all look nice but have tiny collectors. I imagine that by now they would have the header for the 4G63 down perfectly, as while our cars are as old they've had the aftermarket from the get go.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I've always just planned on getting a DC Sports one... I hear they're pretty much the best for the money. I guess a DSM header wouldn't work for an H22... at least not better than the stock one, if at all... I doubt it would fit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                I've always just planned on getting a DC Sports one... I hear they're pretty much the best for the money. I guess a DSM header wouldn't work for an H22... at least not better than the stock one, if at all... I doubt it would fit anyway.
                You have an H though...so basically, as far as headers go, the world is your oyster. You could get something exotic like a Spoon or Mugen, and prob. get some ridiculous gain, like 30whp...man I hate you H22 guys...

But as far as F headers, I'm either gonna go with the DSM one, the Kamikaze or the OBX, as it's basically an exact copy of the DCS for half the price. What I REALLY want to find is a 4-1 header...does anyone make them for us though?

Comment

4-1? Yeah, there should be some made... I'm too tired to look right now though.

Didn't one of the F series engines come stock with one? I forget now, but I thought the A1 had the 4-1... or was it the A6 (which would be yours, obviously). I know they aren't exactly free flowing headers, but you could probably have one worked to make it more efficient.

The 4-1 headers are best for top end power only, and will probably kill your low end.

Comment

plus your chances of finding a 1G dsm header at a junkyard or friend would be cheaper than ordering a turbo manifold or even getting a n/a header.
                    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Does anyone know how hard it is to redrill the DSM turbo manifold to fit? I saw it done and figured I could get a nice EVO manifold (upgrade for DSMs) and use it for my car. Plus, they have countless different upgraded turbos, so I could have a nice variety to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcoupe
                        Does anyone know how hard it is to redrill the DSM turbo manifold to fit? I saw it done and figured I could get a nice EVO manifold (upgrade for DSMs) and use it for my car. Plus, they have countless different upgraded turbos, so I could have a nice variety to choose from.
                        u runnin' a turbo setup? not sure what ur budget is, but if ur looking for a turbo manifold, why don't u try www.sfp.net/
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          Why do all this, when you can buy one made for your car, that already bolts up?
                          couldn't have said it better..dc sports were one of the first companies to manufacture headers for the cb7 and has proven itself in quality and performance. why go with pacesetters, obx(know someone who is a distributor for them; even he says they're garbage)etc..you get what you pay for..
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I'm talking about using the TURBO DSM manifold, because it's hard to find pre-fabricated ones without buying a turbo kit and custom ones are expensive as hell.

Comment

I'm going "all-motor" for now, so I'm not looking at turbo manifolds at all. I found some company called S&S who makes headers for our car, and I think you can specify what size collector you want. They go for ~$220 too, and seem to be decently made...I dunno if they make a 4-1 header for our car though.

Another idea I came up with was just getting a bigger collector and port matching my stock header. The stock one seems to flow decently, so the only restrictions would come from after it ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X