Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Accord "race" engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Old ass french fries are free too, I'm sure you can find plenty in random dumpsters.

2. You have been TOLD it was built... do you really know anything about it at all?

3. Buy a sub-$1k CB7 that needs a motor, grab a good strong F22 from a yard for $100 or so, and go to town.

The LATEST year any Accord came with an EK series engine was 1983. Later than that, you'll have to make up mounts, wiring, and so forth.

Do you have ANY idea what you are trying to get into?

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
      So honda has, A, B, C, D, E, F, G?, H, I?, J, K engine codes? all they're missing is G and I and they'll have it straight through!
      Ooo, lets see.

A20 found in 3g Acords,
      B20 found in CR-Vs
      C27 found in 5th Gen V6 accords
      D16 found in Civics period.
      E? According to Cipher there is one... . I will take his word for it.
      F22- if you dont know then leave now.
      G25-Acura Vigor
      H22- see "F22" caption
      I?
      J30A- I know this exist...maybe new Accord V6's
      K20, 24...hmmn. The new civics over seas had an L-series motor.

Comment

I saw one of the new civics at a dealership... engine code R18A1.

Comment

Dude you should keep an archive of what funds the SSF...I can't believe you've had 33 donations already.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Kind of suprising isn't it? Not to me though... I don't even catch near everything that's worthy of it.

Search and you'll find the threads... you won't find all of them, some people had enough brains to delete the threads because of how idiotic they felt

Comment

Ciph, thanks but overseas. Thanks for the R series tho. I was thinking about a turbo deisel motor...I wonder why I keep wanting to say L20...

Comment

Afaik, N22A1 is a turbodiesel as well. As far as the R18A1 goes (if you thought that's overseas only), I popped the hood of a brand new civic at a dealer right here in NJ about 2 months ago, and that's the engine code it had.

Comment

LMAO! Another one??? Dude you have to make an archive...I'm too lazy to search through all your posts. Are they at least mostly OT, or what?

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The great majority of failures to operate one's brain happen in the form of some technical related question or statement. The remainer are just so exceedingly retarded I have no choice but to flag them as well because of the migraine I got from having to read it.

Comment

what about zc engines in rex's.... cant forget those..

Comment

Does anyone know anywhere a full honda engine code list? Like a compilation of jdm, edm, and usdm??? that'd be pretty interesting... i remember i was on honda.co.uk... that has those full crazy factory service manuals.... there was that turbo diesel awd concerto... i wonder what the engine code on that thing was (edm obviously)

Comment

to get back on topic.....a accord hatchback would be pretty light, but I think people used to put the old accord motors in the 83ish civics....which would be hella light.

off topic... (just like half of this thread)

an 83 civic came into my shop a few weeks ago. it had 44k original miles. It was freakin' sweet.

I love those old civics....one of those would be a good candidate for a 150hp motor....if you don't mind a little fabrication. While you're at it fab up some trick suspension parts and turn it into an Auto-x whore. then get featured in Honda-Tuning and tell all the jerks that tried to ruin your thread to suck a fart out of your ass.
                          H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Oh sure, that'd be a great ending to this little story, there's just one little problem...

He's on his way/already in college and looking to get a good car running cheaply. This of course does NOT agree with a formidable amount of custom work needed... plus, a little power would be nice too... but, an EK series engine is NOT the place to be looking for it. Here's an idea... why not just go even more extreme with this...unique... idea, and call up Briggs & Stratton to source a powerplant for your Accord.

And, Dv8... CRX's already come with little D series engines... a ZC is actually a bit of an UPGRADE, not to mention alot more powerful in proportion to any EK(1) motor.

Comment

http://accordinglydone.com/data/ dont think that this is EVERY engine code, but it has most i believe as well as some other interesting facts like trans. gear ratios, drag coefficients, brake pad coefficients of friction, fuel injector flow rates, and chassis codes.
                              1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                              4.0L I-6 2WD
                              293k miles, still running strong.
                              Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Theres no doubt that the engine was built... Probably at some time around 20 years ago... What a POS. Turbo it, nitrous, gimme somethin. That thing has 4 cylinders right? I don't mean to clown but you still got a raw deal even though it was free, unless you got a go kart to strap it to.

Comment

Working...
                                X