Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Accord "race" engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord "race" engine

Well, this goes back to the thread where I thought I was getting a civic engine, but it turns out its an accord engine. No idea what engine it is, so I need some input. I got the engine today, and it has some work done to it. Ported intake ports, new cam, valves, quaife lsd. Thats all I can tell from not ripping the head(which I'm gonna do tomorrow). It's a 1.8L SOHC non vtec accord motor. I think its an older motor, it has CCVC on the valve cover. It has a plate welded on to it that says Mans Motorsports, with a serial number or something. Im gonna call them up tomorrow and see what they know. But it looks like I got a new project, all motor accord coming up. Its weird though, the intake and exhaust mani are on the same side of the head. I need to find out what chassis this fits in so I can get an accord and swap it in.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

lol, somehow you got one of those old carbed EK1 motors. Good luck with that.

From Answers.com:

There were two different EK engines, one with a normal 8-valve head and another with a SOHC 16-valve head. Both displaced 1.8 L (1751 cc). 2-valve output was 72 hp@4500rpm and 94 ft.lbf@3000rpm, while the multivalve head raised this to 75 hp@4500rpm and 96 ft.lbf@3000rpm.

ouch.

EDIT: Don't anyone go crazy being a dumbass and think this has anything to do with a civic. This is obviously oldschool... Honda used to have an entire E-series for engines. Check it out here: http://www.answers.com/topic/honda-e-engine
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 12-19-2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

not carbed, EFI. and this motor is built with a quaife for some reason...
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Thanks though, I guess I know what accord it came in
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Are there any other identifying codes on that engine? I searched around and what I came up with was the info I posted. Thought I saw somewhere (not from the site I linked to) that they came with a 3 barrel carb.

Also, I have yet to hear of an ENGINE with a quaife LSD.

Comment

is that worth of a cha ching?!

Comment

its not factory quaife. its a built race motor. it says "high performane accord engine with quaife transmission" on the tag. And I started looking inside and everythings new and ported. the only mark is EFI-3553921 and thats on a plate right where the tranny bolts up
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I would have, but I feel bad for the kid because I think he genuinely got...

what we like to call...

FUCKED IN THE ASS

This is like getting a D16 when you ordered an H22A.

Unless... 92ex...you actually ASKED for this engine?

What the hell is going on here? Those stock numbers are fucking terrible...and even if it is built and is making more than 100hp (lol) anything sub-2 liter in an accord is going to make everyone ask why (would you do that?) or what (the fuck are you on?)
                Last edited by Dirty Harry; 12-19-2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

So honda has, A, B, C, D, E, F, G?, H, I?, J, K engine codes? all they're missing is G and I and they'll have it straight through!

Comment

LMAOOOOO!!! DUDE RAISE HELL!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i got the engine for free from my moms friend. It was her ex husbands engine. This thing has work done to it, so i dont get why you think its so bad. It may not have more thand 150hp, but put it a light accord it would be pretty fast
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

What accord is light? Is it a 3rd gen?

Comment

haha i see u raised ur stupid shit fund DoctorCipher

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Not on this thread... I'll just let him hit the pavement hard on that one late night when he realizes this is NOT fucking worth it

Comment

ok, this is why Im happy i got it.
                              1 its free
                              2 its been built so it will last
                              3. i need a car for NY where I go to college, so I have a good engine to put in a accord

I dont need it to go fast, but the fact that its been built is good. Its not gonna go fast, unless I decide to turbo it. I already have a cb7 that goes fast, I just need a car to bring to NY for college.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X