Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How would it drive with no power steering??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not terrible, especially if the car is moving, but parking does suck w/o p/s. You can live w/o A/C.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

idk if my p/s isnt working (as far as i know it is) or if its just my parent's cars powersteering is better or sumtin but there cars are krazyy easy to turn and i hate it its too responsive ehhh it pisses me off!....

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

well i used to drive a Nissan Sentra with no p/s for about a year and a half then i bought an old school aircooled beetle witch of course has no p/s and no a/c, i also had a 88 S10 with no p/s,, all in all iv'e had about 4 or 5 cars that i drove all the time with no pwersteering and with my accord when i bought it i wa at the tail end of summer and i never used the a/c.. The only time i used it was when it rained..
        R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
        CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
        Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

I don't know what the Vehicle Registration Laws are up there in Bush County, but down here in Australia it would be illegal for starters and the Insurance companies would wipe ya, not to mention being downright dangerous in an emergency. Do you really need the very minor extra power saving it would provide over the comfort & safety risks.

If you're after the power increase all these little items can add up to a tidy little power increase without forking out for Big dollar Mods.

1. Get rid of the Whole A/C System All Together. (Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator, Hoses, Pipes, Filter, Mounting Bracket etc.)
          2. Install an Aftermarket Lightweight Under-drive Pulley
          3. Run a C.A.I with a K & N Air Filter
          4. Swap the Standard Spark Plugs for NGK Iridium's
          5. Change the Standard Distributor Ignition System to a D.F.I (Direct Fire Ignition) System.
          6. Swap the Ignition Wires with at least 10mm Wires.
          7. Change the Standard Mineral Engine Oil to PENNZOIL 5W/50 100% Full Synthetic.
          8. Run it on Shell Optimax - 98+ Octane and add Wynns Octane Booster.(/(Bumps O.R. up 2-3 Points)
          9. Advance the Ignition Timing 2 Deg to 17 Deg BTDC.
          10. Run a Bottle of Wynns Carbon Blaster through the Engine to get rid of all the Carbon Build up on the Valves & Pistons.
          11. Give the Throttlebody a good clean out with Wynns Throttlebody Cleaner.
          12. Give the Fuel Injectors a good Sonic Bath & Clean out.
          13. Fit a Brand New Fuel Filter.

BTW: Just a Tip for those who do like NO P/S - Refill the Tyres with NITROGEN and bump the Tyre Pressures up to at least 40 PSI. The ease of steering will improve plus as the NITROGEN allows for a more stable state of pressure you won't have to worry about continually checking tyre pressures. Resetting your Steering Geometry may help too.

Comment

not always about power tho, the feeling of the road is truely much better. Power steering gives you a very false sense of the road. Most autocrossers don't even use power steering and like it that way so i'm not sure what safety dangers there are. Tight corners are fine, turning from dead stops are fine. Comfort is in the hands of the beholder.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              not always about power tho, the feeling of the road is truely much better. Power steering gives you a very false sense of the road. Most autocrossers don't even use power steering and like it that way so i'm not sure what safety dangers there are. Tight corners are fine, turning from dead stops are fine. Comfort is in the hands of the beholder.

Very true..

CG Coupe!

Comment

No p/s are for true racers. The only ones that complain that they need it are the ones who are so weak to turn the steeringwheel or just to damn lazy. speed and power has its costs learn to love it and deal with it damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                  No p/s are for true racers. The only ones that complain that they need it are the ones who are so weak to turn the steeringwheel or just to damn lazy. speed and power has its costs learn to love it and deal with it damnit.

Haha true..

CG Coupe!

Comment

yeah ive been running dry rack for a while and steering has gotten sloppy... im going to replace my rack & pinion soon and i was wondering if there is anyway i can get p/s fluid into the rack?
                    i understand there are like 4 lines on the r/p...so can anyone help me by telling me how to loop it so i dont have worry about my rack crapping out again... thanks in advance
                    jay

Comment

Hmm riding w/ no p/s = IMO. I like it but the only downside to it is that parallel parking, or parking in general are a bitch. But all in all it's worth it. I felt a difference when I took out A/C and P/S

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                      ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
                        Hmm riding w/ no p/s = IMO. I like it but the only downside to it is that parallel parking, or parking in general are a bitch. But all in all it's worth it. I felt a difference when I took out A/C and P/S

awesome!!

CG Coupe!

Comment

I dont have power steering either... Its not too bad much better feel of the road. Sucks alittle at first when turning but other than that its not bad. The only thing I would like to know is how to keep the rack from going dry and messing up.
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

turn off your car while on the highway, this will give you a feel for what its like...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I don't know if you guys w/o PS have noticed, but my turning radius has improved greatly. Cut maybe a whole foot or so...

Comment

Originally posted by XLR Azn
                                I don't know if you guys w/o PS have noticed, but my turning radius has improved greatly. Cut maybe a whole foot or so...

Uhh how's that possible?? its all the same isn't it??? just not with the help of a pump...

CG Coupe!

Comment

Working...
                                X