Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hp gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp gain

hey I have a 91 accord dx (f22a1) that has about 220,000 miles on it i was wondering what could i do the get the most power out of it without going turbo or a swap?

start with a tune up, then read the forums more
    Working N/A build up in progress

Comment

Originally posted by jamjam
      hey I have a 91 accord dx (f22a1) that has about 220,000 miles on it i was wondering what could i do the get the most power out of it without going turbo or a swap?

OH MAN YOUR IN FOR IT .... LOL

one of the most important things to remember on this site is use the SEARCH , all this kinda stuff is in there just take some time and look , If i had a penny for each time this thread was posted , id be a millionaire by now ,,

just playing but seriously its all about what you want to reach as a goal , start with basics like exhaust , intake, ect.

-Sean- Noxidea
      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

hot damn.....repost

Comment

The best thing for you and your F22a1 125hp engine is to not ask n00b questions like this before searching.

Asshat.

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

As mentioned search. And try to figure out your hp goals and if you plan on stayin with your motor or swappin it out.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

he called him an asshat lol

Ride List
              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

simple answer.....bc i'm generous today....I/H/E, underdrive pulleys, basic ignition, fuel upgrades, ground wire kit and a good SERVICE!!!!
                u can actually get 1hp or so by just chaning the injectors to a higher flowing 2lbs more.....add in a fpr to add maybe another 1-2hp (after some basic 2min tuning)...however the fuel and ignition upgrades are not really for power but for throttle response and better gas mileage and such

the biggest gaisn of the above listed would be I/H/E and Underdrive pulleys!.....

now search search search search, there's enough threads out there to keep you busy for days. and remember search b4 u post bc chances are 90% of the time the issue has been covered
                My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                  u can actually get 1hp or so by just chaning the injectors to a higher flowing 2lbs more.....add in a fpr to add maybe another 1-2hp (after some basic 2min tuning)...however the fuel and ignition upgrades are not really for power but for throttle response and better gas mileage and such
                  How would adding more fuel create more power? Unless your putting more air in... Wouldn't you be losing power?

You said after some tuning, but why would you do that when the stock ecu has been proven to make the most power?

I don't know, that just doesnt make sense to me. Better gas mileage after adding fuel?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

cold air intake $35
                    header $70+
                    hi flow cat $30
                    Muffler $100
                    exhaust piping $75
                    spark plugs $25
                    spark plug wires $50

Comment

vtec emblem $10 = 5 hp (depends on your geographic location)...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                        vtec emblem $10 = 5 hp (depends on your geographic location)...

bwahahahahahahahaha

ILBB
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          How would adding more fuel create more power? Unless your putting more air in... Wouldn't you be losing power?

You said after some tuning, but why would you do that when the stock ecu has been proven to make the most power?

I don't know, that just doesnt make sense to me. Better gas mileage after adding fuel?
                          the stock ecu is programmed to have the most power and efficiency when given the regular amount of air and fuel, start adding mroe fuel and more air, and suddenly the stock ecu isnt the best anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex

well that is assuming u have an intake mod, a higher flowing tb wil add even more power. i was watching one of my friends get his 94 accord dynoed after each mod added....and the larger injectors added 1hp and by increasing the fuel pressure up 5 psi he got an additional 2hp....this was on a stock ecu btw. after the ecu was swapped, he gained an additional like 2 or 3 hp i beleive after the fuel pressure was adjusted again to compensate for the more agrresive fuel/air curves....umm lets c what else i could throw in there.....he also put on a underdrive crank pulley...not the set just the crank and he gained 8.3hp.....

and as the the gas mileage...lol.....even with larger injectors, the ecu will narrow the time the injectors will open by (in milliseconds), and due to the lesser load on the injectors that will increase the life of them...o and the better spray pattern also helps.....it adds more fuel but the computer alters that to a small degree...i think our cars can handle a 330cc injector. anyways, yea new injectors do help along with a fpr. not alot but it does help.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

ok. that sounds more plausible. it just seemed you were saying put bigger injectors in and more fuel and you'll have more power.

And for not touching the internals of the f22, the stock ecu is the best.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X