Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need help!!! IM questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!!! IM questions

ok i bought an H23 IM i have the A6 mani. i plan on just upgrading the upper plenum and TB. the upper plenum tho has a kinked hose connection. i dont know what this one does and or if its needed. i have pics but they say they are too big to post. how do i show them to people on here?

Put it on photobucket or something like that and link it on the site.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok got pics. http://photobucket.com/albums/e288/l...e5/Car%20Pics/
      hopefully this will help

Comment

Bend it back with some pliers and dab JB weld around the hole so it doesn't create a vacuum leak.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

DAMN!!!!!

That manifold took a good hit!

That little fitting is simply a vacuum port. If your car is a manual, you can just plug it off and you will be able to still hook everything up. If it is an auto, you are going to want to plug your engine mount control solenoid into that port ( the solenoid mounted on the firewall). As long as it isn't pinched shut, or broken, you should still be able to use it as is.

Normally, your IAB setup would plug into that little port, but the H series manifold has 2 ports on the side, so you can use one for Cruise Control and one for IAB's
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yea i dont know how the guy took it off his car, he may have gotten frustrated and whacked it or something. i do have a manual. well thats good to know. so should i cap it off or cut and fill it?

Comment

If it isn't leaking, it would be much easier to cap it off. The caps last at least a couple of years (the cheap autozone/checker ones), so I doubt that it would cause any issues.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah, the CC vac. port on my plenum was bent from shipping. You could just bend that back and put silicone or w/e around it

Comment

Working...
                X