Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

where can i get those black mufflers that were sold before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i get those black mufflers that were sold before?

i've searched around and i came up with nothing.

there were these black mufflers that were made on a different site (maybe honda-tech?) that gave the sleeperish look to the exhaust system. does anyone remember what i'm talking about? i was wondering if anyone had the link to where i can buy these

yeah i know what yur talkin about. i cant remember where i saw them either.... maybe ebay........???

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

go to autozone and get some engine enamel and sane it down with some 1,000 grit and spray it with some engine enamel. The end 3-4 bucks for the can . 1one 1111111

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        go to autozone and get some engine enamel and sane it down with some 1,000 grit and spray it with some engine enamel. The end 3-4 bucks for the can . 1one 1111111
        shit you dont have to do that...as long as he gets the high engine heat 1200 degrees...just spray paint it on...it will come out fine...i did mine like that..cops still gave me a ticket for modified exhaust....

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          shit you dont have to do that...as long as he gets the high engine heat 1200 degrees...just spray paint it on...it will come out fine...i did mine like that..cops still gave me a ticket for modified exhaust....
          damn there really is no avoinding the rat bastards huh

Comment

i sprayed mine with some high temp black paint and a matte clear and you couldnt tell the difference, looked like a flat black muffler
            1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
            4.0L I-6 2WD
            293k miles, still running strong.
            Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

i'm talking about the aftermarket black mufflers, not OEM. if i wanted to paint my OEM black i would have done it already. the aftermarket one's i'm talking about have a 3" outlet i think...

Comment

there called vibrant stealth mufflers. go to ht.com and type vibrant in the search...I've been planning on getting this for the new turbo setup for awhile
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                  there called vibrant stealth mufflers. go to ht.com and type vibrant in the search...I've been planning on getting this for the new turbo setup for awhile
                  yes!! that's exactly it, i had the name on the tip of my tongue. thanks alot man

Comment

i was just about to say that darn

Comment

am i better off getting the 2.5" and get new piping? or get 2.25" and bolt on to my current stock piping?

Comment

If you're stock, then 2.5" is too big. If you really want to go turbo and are planning on doing it soon then, yes you can get away with 2.5".
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                          am i better off getting the 2.5" and get new piping? or get 2.25" and bolt on to my current stock piping?
                          stock inst 2.25

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1414740

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                              stock inst 2.25
                              the smallest size Vibrant muffler i believe is 2.25" inlet and outlet. i stated that i would be bolting/welding the muffler to stock piping if that was my choice muffler size

edit:: and thank you aero for the link

Comment

Working...
                              X