Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Injectors wont fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injectors wont fire

I replaced my stock f22a6 with a JDM f22a due to rod knock. The swap went fine until I tried firing up the motor. There is fuel and the pressure is good, but it seems as though the injectors aren't opening. I can spray starting fluid down the throttle body and it runs so I for sure have spark. I have checked the injector resistor box and it shows 6ohms on all four.

There was a post about measuring voltage at the injectors and I found nothing. Im curious... do the injectors have constant power supplied and the ECM connect the circuit to ground when powered or are the injectors grounded and the ECM supplying 12v?

I have checked all fuses and everythings good. Is there an injector driver that went out or what?

What injectors did you use?the ones that came with the new engine?if so, they could be clogged.When i did the f22b two of my injectors were clogged, so i just put in my f22a6 ones.Take them out and blow in them, air should pass through.

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I first tried the motor on the JDM injectors and it didn't work so I swapped my origional injectors in. They worked three weeks earlier. :dunno:

Comment

hmm...you say you check the resistnce on the box so you have a dmm right?try to see if they get any voltage...

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

I probed all the injectors and as it turns out the number 1 and 4 injectors have power with the igntion on and during cranking. 2 and 3 are dead. Also, the yellow wire leading to the resistor box has 12v.

Are these injectors batch fire or sequential? Even with the power at two injectors you think it would try to turn over.

Comment

i'm not 100% sure but i would say sequential(honda goes for fuel economy).When i had two clogged injectors it sounded like it wanted to start but it wouldnt...pull the plugs and see if they are wet...

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

The cylinders are dry and I put my stethoscope on the injectors. Nothing.

Comment

What ECU are you using? I wonder if it works, try swapping your F22a6 ECU (PT6) if you're using the P39, just to confirm.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I have tried logging on for the last three days and it wouldn't let me in. I tried sending the password recovery email to myself and it doesn't go through although it recognizes it as a correct address.

Anyway.... I am guessing it may well be the computer thats causing me the problems. I don't know why it would go out. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't like this new motor. All the imput and output sensors are the same. Maybe it was static?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    What ECU are you using? I wonder if it works, try swapping your F22a6 ECU (PT6) if you're using the P39, just to confirm.
                    I thought the p39 was for jdm f22b? I have no clue what a jdm f22a ecu would be... sotck ecu would work just as good.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      I thought the p39 was for jdm f22b? I have no clue what a jdm f22a ecu would be... sotck ecu would work just as good.
                      Your right...I thought he meant JDM F22B...woops... in that case a PT6 would be fine permanently
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        Your right...I thought he meant JDM F22B...woops... in that case a PT6 would be fine permanently
                        I thought you might have meant that. Still I think it is the computer because I can trace power back to the wire harness on the driver side strut brace for both 1 and 4 injectors and everything checks out. I do the same for 2, 3 and nothing. Even though those injectors have power don't acuate. I can hook the injector to a couple clip leads to the battery, open and close the injector a few times and it tries to fire on that one cylinder.

Something is definately amiss. I have looked at all the main engine harnesses I took off to pull the motor and none of the pins are bent or missing. Still nothing. I hope I am not overlooking something simple.

Comment

So I pulled the code and it flashes "16" -Malfunctioning fuel injecton system- ...Yeah well no s. Is there a reference manual I could look through that would trouble shoot this problem?

Comment

if you tried the jdm and usdm injectors and none worked, then you more than likely have either an ECU problem or you have a bad wire somewhere between the injectors and your power source

concerning the 4 on the motor now, swap the working with the non working injectors to see if it's actually the injectors at all, more than likely isn't, they are actually one of the toughest parts of your motor....

if you find that the injectors are fine, then check, double check and triple check the wiring......look it over as best you can, then use a volt meter and trace the 2 non working wires as far as you can and then see if they are getting power from the source or not......may be skinned/grounded or just cut enough to not work.....

Comment

rominga,
                              your are correct in that our accord injectors are sequentially fired. constant power is supplied to resistor box than ground is applied to make injector fire.

terminal injector reisitor box checks out should be between 5.0-7.0 ohms which you say is 6.0 ohms.

turn your ignition on(engine not running) then unplug injectors. measure the resistance between the two terminals. 1.5-2.5ohms. if not replace it

if they do check to spec. then use a high impedance voltmeter or special harness injector test light to check to make sure that voltages fluctuates between 0-2.0 volts.

if that checks within spec, then is proboably a short in the harness somewhere

id say your 2 & 3 injectors are shot.

if you wanna replace like i did..on my high mileage engine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...02259994QQrdZ1
                              they give you 45 back for core refund so totl is only 150 for new oem ones

and to be more specific. on the ecu
                              pin a1) controls injector 1
                              a2) controls injector 4
                              a3) controls injector 2
                              a5) contols injector 3
                              a23) controls injector ground
                              Last edited by xfactortype1; 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X