Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

removing the resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the resonator

hey my friend just imed me and told me to get my resonator out. He has a mazda6 and he just took his out and installed an intake.

my question..... does taking out the resonator really help that much... and second.... he said he can feel it. Is this true?
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

You mean Cat?

Comment

nope
      the resonator. no idea where it is except on the mazda6 u have to remove this thingy from under the car on the front bumper.
      my 91 cb7
      I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?...id=39&Itemid=0

this is the link he used to install his intake.
        my 91 cb7

Comment

I don't see what removing the resonator has to deal with an intake.

Yeah you can feel your exhaust screaming if that's what he meant.

Just do the DIY intake, cost-effective since your 17 with no money and it works the same. I say keep the resonator.

Comment

already ordered a venom short ram intake. lol so its all good. just wondering what it did.
            my 91 cb7

Comment

Remove the resonator and your car will sound like shit guaranteeed.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

he's talking about the intake resonator i bet.....chamber built into the intake meant to quieten the intake down......no, they won't help at all to remove

if you're talking about the exhaust resonator, then your car's high pitch tones will get through, making it sound like a weed whacker

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                  he's talking about the intake resonator i bet.....chamber built into the intake meant to quieten the intake down......no, they won't help at all to remove

if you're talking about the exhaust resonator, then your car's high pitch tones will get through, making it sound like a weed whacker

Ahh yes that is true i forgot about that one. I took mine out just remember to plug up that vacuum line.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok.... cuz doesn't the intake resonator like restrict air flow since its silencing the air.

I don't know how it works but i'm guessing it slowst he air down by having it "resonate" in the box thingy then go to the intake? i have no idea
                    my 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                      ok.... cuz doesn't the intake resonator like restrict air flow since its silencing the air.
                      I don't know how it works but i'm guessing it slowst he air down by having it "resonate" in the box thingy then go to the intake? i have no idea
                      No, you're basically right, when you install any intake on a CB or w/e, the resonator is useless, so remove all the black plastic ducting beside the battery including that small black box, you can unplug that. And obviously the resonator

Dan

Comment

ooooo yay! less weight...ok.... like a couple ounces....but still LESS WEIGHT!!!
                        my 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          Remove the resonator and your car will sound like shit guaranteeed.
                          if your talkin about the exhaust no it will not sound like shit my exhaust was THE deepest sounding exhaust in my city and every one said they oved it. and mine is cut off.
                          www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                          www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                          1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                          2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                          3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                          4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

i took my intake resonator off and it sounds good and louder

Comment

Originally posted by chicago
                              if your talkin about the exhaust no it will not sound like shit my exhaust was THE deepest sounding exhaust in my city and every one said they oved it. and mine is cut off.

I'm sure your's sounded just fantastic, but everyone that isn't deaf will think it sounds like crap.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X