Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My Hybrid Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hybrid Intake Manifold

mm well my last motor got fried and was burning oil really bad so i picked up a 98 2.3 cl motor. Problem, it was obd2. now sure i could go pick up a sohc manifold from a 95 accord but ehh im a cheap bastard. i used the bottom half of the stock cl manifold and used the top half of my f22b manifold then had the guys at gtfabrications.com weld them together to make this creation.
    main reason for the swap besides the obd issue was that the water jacket and ports werent exactly an exact match....

heres the f22b gasket compared to the cl head

some minor porting was done while the intake was out...

top plenum of f22b manifold before shot
    after it was touched my yours truly...

doh! too short, we had to extend it about an inch

fatty welds

all done....

first impressions.. pulls nice.... vtec has not been hooked up yet so i havent felt the motors full potential... but it decent for a stock motor.
    Last edited by RENR; 04-18-2006, 02:40 AM.

good shit. how much did all this cost?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

price of a new intake manifold gasket. and that came with the motor which was 50 bux(it needed a new head gasket and timing belt).

Comment

the welding was free? damn, you suck, lol. what about the engine?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

That is amazing, at first I was thinking: the 5 holes just line right up??? And then I discovered that they're permanently attached to eachother That's really creative, I like this alot

Dan

I was expecting to see an H23 plenum on A6 runners too, but not this time!

Comment

interesting...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

haha, pretty damn cool.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                the welding was free? damn, you suck, lol. what about the engine?
                ya the welding was free. i work at a fab shop so whenever i need aluminum welding i get hooked up. thanks guys

im also working on another mani that will replace the entire stock plenum and run with a q45 tb.... stay tuned

Comment

That looks swass. Good job, and thanks for posting it. I especially like the fatty welds picture.
                  - Ghosty
                  WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                  FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

that shits crazy. it different as all hell. nice job on everything. when i was thinking about doing sohc vtec head swap i was thinking about using the A6 manifold. i just has one problem and it was the coolant jacket but i guess you got that taken care of. please let us know how it plus with vtec engaged

Comment

wow, i wanna do that to my IM
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X